Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Driving Lessons

Advertisement Placeholder
Good luck with your lessons!

I've been driving for almost 10 years now. I also live in the UK, I passed my theory and practical tests first time.
Started my lessons in September 2013 and passed my test in February 2014, I think I had around 35 hours of learning. I passed the same day I got tickets for Lady Gaga's artRave Tour, so it was a fantastic day for me. :ROFLMAO:

Good luck with your lessons!

I've been driving for almost 10 years now. I also live in the UK, I passed my theory and practical tests first time.
Started my lessons in September 2013 and passed my test in February 2014, I think I had around 35 hours of learning. I passed the same day I got tickets for Lady Gaga's artRave Tour, so it was a fantastic day for me. :ROFLMAO:
Living in Dorset, where abouts are you?

I have taken lessons in the past and even though I was able to go for my test three times, unfortunately, I didn't pass any of them which was a shame. After that, my health took a turn for the worst and I ended up stopping and have not been able to go back since. I did pass my theory test though first time which I was happy about, gutted I am going to have to take it again as it has now run out as it only lasts two years but I am confident about that.

I didn't find the tests too difficult if I am honest but everyone is different, usually when you take a mock test in which you are treated as though you are taking the test, the outcome of that usually tells you how much of a chance you have to pass an official test.

I myself have been advised because of health issues I have that automatic would be better for me when I start taking lessons again.

I have taken lessons in the past and even though I was able to go for my test three times, unfortunately, I didn't pass any of them which was a shame. After that, my health took a turn for the worst and I ended up stopping and have not been able to go back since. I did pass my theory test though first time which I was happy about, gutted I am going to have to take it again as it has now run out as it only lasts two years but I am confident about that.

I didn't find the tests too difficult if I am honest but everyone is different, usually when you take a mock test in which you are treated as though you are taking the test, the outcome of that usually tells you how much of a chance you have to pass an official test.

I myself have been advised because of health issues I have that automatic would be better for me when I start taking lessons again.
Honestly don’t think you should have to retake a theory once you pass it. It’s just for money for the DVSA in their pockets. And, most driving tests take around to year to book anyway so if you take a theory you’ve got to pass 1st or 2nd time because of the backlog.

I was in this weird between changes time when I was getting my drivers license. I live in the United States btw. I was 16-17 when I was taking the driving lessons, and at the end of it they give you a test. At the end of that if you passed the test you just went into the DMV/DPS and sat and waited for your number to get called and then they tested your vision and you got your paper license until the real one gets sent. A few months later or so, even if you did the driving school test, you would also have to go take the test at the DMV.

Mostly people struggle with the parallel parking, and if you hit a pole it's an automatic fail. I knew some people would just say no to trying it and then just get points off, but at least then they can't have a chance at hitting a pole lol.

I think it was easier with the driving school because we also got familiar with the car we were driving, if you didn't get to drive your own car, as well as getting used to the people you would drive around with.

I passed my theoretic exam first try and driving exam first try as well. Took 20 hour driving lessons and drove my dad around a lot. Driving a car is my profession now.

I didn't really have trouble while getting lessons. My dad taught me a lot before I started lessons. He was a good teacher. Firm but good.

I’ve had my license for 13 years. Took two attempts, both practical as technical.

My bike license was two years ago, also two attempts.

It’s mainly keeping your stress level under control and staying calm.

I'm also in the UK. I passed way back in 2008 just before turning 18 after 6 months of lessons. I passed my practical test first time, but took me two attempts on the theory. :ROFLMAO:

I would say, make sure you take as many lessons in as short a time period as you possible can afford. If you only have one 2 hour lesson a week you run the risk of forgetting half of what you did the previous week. I'd recommend at least two 2 hour lessons every week, though if you can fit in and afford a third I think it's definitely money well spent. :)

Good luck, and like anything, practice makes perfect!

I'll always remember my first driving lesson.. first "french kiss" of a girl (on a dare) and during it... and the standard "cop a Trump".
Ended up dating her for about 2 years... until I started working more and she wanted to "party" more. Priorities don't ya' know.
As for the driving.. don't really remember it since I already had a motorcycle license and had been riding (yeah, it was a weird exception in the DL law at the time)

I’m doing my lessons. First lesson I took, I need to work on lane discipline when turning into a side road and also not crossing my arms when steering.

Anyone took their lessons? Is the test really hard to pass? P.s living in the UK.
I recently completed my training and gave a test to get the Learner's Licence. After a month, I can apply for the Driving License. It's tough here kind of. They ask us to drive on the letter "H"

I'm almost 30 years old and I d not have a licence to kill, I mean drive :p Seems that you can get it at any age or whenever you feel that you are ready. I'm not that fussed if I drive or not, I mean if I really wanted to drive I would by now and still not. Getting to the point now that I'm way too old to start thinking about it.

I blame my family, They always shut me up when I start talking about it. They never wanted me to drive

Public transport = environmentally friendlier and more cost-effective
That's cool and all, when you're living in a city with excellent public transport and if you work in that same city... I use trains if I can to go to the airport or other places further away that don't really require a car. But it's not often.

Our public transport is shit and it's not going to change quickly. Used to go to school by train and there were delays daily, in fact on my first ever day in that school, my train got cancelled and I had to call my dad to drive me.

Because of it being so poorly, I hate having to use it. A car gets you anywhere without delay.

But I do understand your point, it is very valid but for some people just not an option. Not even beginning about using public transport when bound to a wheelchair. Even more horrible.

Public transport = environmentally friendlier and more cost-effective
Unfortunately here in the states, we don't really have public transportation. It's only in certain cities and my city doesn't have public transportation. The closest city that does is St. Louis, it's got both buses and a train service called the Metrolink.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds