Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Domain/site rebranding

Timgab

Website
techtime.com.ng
Credits
Domain rebranding is just changing of the domain name of a website or a company as part of upgrade strategy or global growth development.

This goes by selecting a new domain name that better aligns with the updated brand identity, goals or due to changes in business. It may also involve migrating content, updating materials, and performing proper redirects to ensure a seamless transition for users.

I have seen some sites rebranding their domains most especially from Country code top level domain (ccTLD) e.g .co.uk, .de, .fr, .in, to Top Level Domains (TLDs) Like .com, .net, .org, .biz, .pro and so on and so forth.

Have you come across or did any site/domain rebranding before?

The company I work for rebranded a couple of years ago (not long before I joined actually). We still get the odd email to the old domain even now because we still have some of our clients' referrals from that far back.

Though we went from a .design to a .co (and we own the .com, just the .co looks nicer in practice)

The company that hosts my work's intranet system changed their name. It went by Ultipro, but now goes by UKG. They still mention it as Ultipro in our communication notes since the change happened not too long ago.

I find most rebranding is a big waste of money, and all it does is line the pockets of the so called marketing company.. and people seem to change things just for the point of changing sometimes..

This isn't every instance of course, but I have seen it so many times you wonder why the F did they do that...

Our rebrand was a solid idea, the old company name was not well thought out and hard to spell if you just heard the name said. The new one is much, much better.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor