Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does your members notice the minor changes in your forum?

A prefix for threads that focus on collecting and implementing community feedback.

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Forum management involves making changes whenever it's necessary in the forum. There are changes that are big which can be easily noticed while there are small changes that will not be easily found out.

Do you think your forum members are very observant to find out all the small changes you're making in your forum? Do they always make remarks on it?

I think we do have some observant members - enough to notice there was a change. They may not know exactly what changed which is why we announce changes or say something about them in our status (if it is that minor).

People who are observant must definitely view your forum frequently!

I usually will announce changes in a thread after I make any changes. I do this before anyone probably notices any new things added to the forum lol.

I found that unless the change was very prominent, I had to actively tell people about it.

Yes they notice every minor changes and it is the one of biggest pain points for us, as they don't like us making changes but we take there feedback seriously

I have a topic called "The Minor Updates Thread" in the announcements forum, this is where I post fewer major changes to the board. So, users don't need to be too observant of the changes made around the board since the topic usually tells them everything they need to know. If I didn't have such a topic available, I'm sure there would be more topics popping up in our feedback area about what happened to this feature, what is this new thing, etc.

When it comes to the small changes, I wouldn't say that they tend to notice but something more significant and big they tend to notice pretty quickly.

Sometimes the changes are welcomed and other times we may get members who are not too keen on change.

Made some changes today, was bombarded with messages after it. Maybe they're more observant than I thought.

Only if you've misjudged what is minor and it's something they actually do use or look at, or it really is minor but it caught their eyes for a reason. I've had a lot of excuses to nibble at things nobody particularly cares about lately, and have gotten a solid answer of no. Conversely on a very different place I thought a minor change was going to be pure benefit and I immediately got 2 messages followed by a half dozen shortly after who liked it the old way and I had to revert. Other, larger changes had not been noticed.

I had mod powers for the better part of a year once for a large forum when I was on hiatus and it was like 3 days before I returned to staff that someone noticed hey wait you're still an LM everywhere...

So unless you're taking the front to bring people aware, there's a chance they just won't for a long time even if it's moderate to slightly major but they're not looking for it. Some communities are more observant than others of course.

I have Admin Updates but for the most part, I don't think members see the changes as many are quite subtle.
Made some changes today, was bombarded with messages after it. Maybe they're more observant than I thought.
Nice what changes?

Also I’m curious does it annoy anyone else when admins make temporary or seasonal changes to their board theme?

There should be a section for new changes on the forum, so whenever you implement anything new you can inform your members through the section. Some changes might be very important, so you don’t want them to miss.

Nice what changes?

Also I’m curious does it annoy anyone else when admins make temporary or seasonal changes to their board theme?
Nothing major, just moved boards a bit so it looked less messy. Not one unhappy so success.

On your question, eh kinda but not to the point I wanna slash my wrists :cool:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest