Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does your boss subcharge his workers?

Credits
I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday and he told me about the new business policy which his boss started its execution yesterday and it's about subchargeing of the staffs whenever they do anything against the company's rules. He told me a staff was subcharged $3 for not putting company's uniform.

Advertisement Placeholder
I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday and he told me about the new business policy which his boss started its execution yesterday and it's about subchargeing of the staffs whenever they do anything against the company's rules. He told me a staff was subcharged $3 for not putting company's uniform.

I think that bosses should be lenient when it comes to making polices. I would never make any kind of strict policy if things are going right and as long as the employees are performing well and generating a good amount of revenue for me.

There have once a policy like that in my work place. But the employer has to stop because people are underpaid already and the economy situation is not that favorable to allow that. To ease the people condition, he stopped.

It's businesses in hospitality and management I've seen this kind of work policies. It's more common in hotel and restaurant jobs. I won't take such jobs because you will end up paying for some other things done by other staffs. They subcharge the entire staff when something happens.

I think that bosses should be lenient when it comes to making polices. I would never make any kind of strict policy if things are going right and as long as the employees are performing well and generating a good amount of revenue for me.

Some of those bosses are just being wicked and inconsiderate with how they treat their workers because they are not even paying them enough money that is going to be good to take care of their responsibilities but they will still be interested and subcharging them for something that they should overlook in the business.

Some of those bosses are just being wicked and inconsiderate with how they treat their workers because they are not even paying them enough money that is going to be good to take care of their responsibilities but they will still be interested and subcharging them for something that they should overlook in the business.
I have only had one boss like that, and it was when I was only 17 years old and I desperately needed money, I had a boss who took advantage of me and all the workers he had, paid us a pittance and laughed at most of the workers, this was in construction job, that man deserves all the disqualifying words I could put on him, but you always have to maintain your manners, but there are very bad people in the world, luckily I haven't heard anything about him for many years.

I have only had one boss like that, and it was when I was only 17 years old and I desperately needed money, I had a boss who took advantage of me and all the workers he had, paid us a pittance and laughed at most of the workers, this was in construction job, that man deserves all the disqualifying words I could put on him, but you always have to maintain your manners, but there are very bad people in the world, luckily I haven't heard anything about him for many years.

Seriously, it is always very painful when these kind of bosses get to treat their workers like they are complete garbage in terms of how they pay them and their job they are expecting them to do which they know it's something they themselves will never be able to do. May God not allow us work for horrible human beings for the rest of our lives.

Our boss don't joke with staff coming to work late. So, once you fail to report at the time that the office opens, you are subcharged $1 for each session that you miss. This has helped improve the willingness of staff reporting to the workplace early each day.

Did this happen in your country? I think that certain countries have really strict laws related to employee abuse and you can report such kind of people to the authorities so that some strict action could be taken against them. I do not think that such kind of businesses deserve good employees.

Did this happen in your country? I think that certain countries have really strict laws related to employee abuse and you can report such kind of people to the authorities so that some strict action could be taken against them. I do not think that such kind of businesses deserve good employees.
Yes, it was in my country, but at that time I was too inexperienced in the work context and I didn't want to get into trouble, at least that's how I thought, at that time I just wanted to work and earn some money, luckily I was only 8 months working there.

Yes, it was in my country, but at that time I was too inexperienced in the work context and I didn't want to get into trouble, at least that's how I thought, at that time I just wanted to work and earn some money, luckily I was only 8 months working there.

I think that many such kind of companies usually hire young people or even teenagers. In many cases, young people or teenagers may not have enough knowledge about laws and this is why such kind of companies take advantage of the condition. Working as a teenager or a young person could be a challenge in many conditions.

Yes, you're right. Bosses shouldn't be so strict with their employees, especially when they're hardworking and dedicated to their company's success. Such strict rules will only make them hate their boss and want to run away and find new jobs.

Our boss don't joke with staff coming to work late. So, once you fail to report at the time that the office opens, you are subcharged $1 for each session that you miss. This has helped improve the willingness of staff reporting to the workplace early each day.

Your boss is a very wicked man or woman. How can he or she subcharge workers up to $1 because they were late to work without even considering the reason why they ended up coming to work late? The only way I can be able to accept doing this kind of a thing is when a staff is doing it on constant basis without any good reason.

Yes, you're right. Bosses shouldn't be so strict with their employees, especially when they're hardworking and dedicated to their company's success. Such strict rules will only make them hate their boss and want to run away and find new jobs.
Being too strict on your staffs will make it uncomfortable for them to work without being under too much pressure. Working under too much pressure doesn't make it easy psychologically on anyone. The work will be wearing you out too fast.

Well, I have noticed that many companies even place a fine on employees. Many telemarketing companies do that in here. This also involved many major business organisations as well. This is why many employees usually leave the company after working in the company for a short period of time.

Well, I have noticed that many companies even place a fine on employees. Many telemarketing companies do that in here. This also involved many major business organisations as well. This is why many employees usually leave the company after working in the company for a short period of time.

Even though it is understandable what most companies are doing in trying to get the best out of their employees in being productive with doing their job but, it usually gets to the point where they are always overdoing it and it's going to be making life miserable for those that are working for them.

I don't think that's a subcharge though, that's a penalization if anything and I have a feeling it's probably illegal, at least would be where I come from. I don't think I'd ever work for a company that would penalize their workers by charging them fees. I'd quit that job fast.

I have never worked for any individuals or companies that surcharge for mistakes or break the rules. The moment my employer introduces this kind of rule, I will be the first to leave the job. I think this is financial suppression.

I have never worked for any individuals or companies that surcharge for mistakes or break the rules. The moment my employer introduces this kind of rule, I will be the first to leave the job. I think this is financial suppression.
I feel same way too. Workers should be treated like they are supposed to. They come to work themselves to death every day even with being underpaid. After everything, they will still get subcharged for things the company can cater for. I wouldn't blame any staff who quits a job as a result of this.

It is very important that the employers respect his or her workers. If they do not like their staff, they can simply fire them (provided there are valid reasons), however, charging for mistakes is an unethical practice.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds