Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

does time spent in traffic reduce productivity?

Traffic jams are one of the disadvantages of living in an urban area mostly a commercial hub,it affects productivity as time is wasted in traffic

Advertisement Placeholder
yes that's true , time spent on traffic may affect productivity, but that happens on the urban cities not in the rules communities it really affect productivity of things .

Yes o, amount of time spent in traffic especially in urbans can be very annoying and hectic likewise draining and as a result affect your productivity

Employees that reside in the urban areas will have a lot to say about their ordeal on daily basis navigating to their place of work.
Driving long distances can mean employees will arrive feeling tired and will already need a break when they arrive before starting their work. This then will impact their ability to get work done in the morning, arguably the most productive period of the day for most, thus making them less productive for the whole day.

is it a good idea to seek alternative means of transporting employees to work daily?
As an employer you should be result oriented not how the result comes about else you will end up chasing shadows,as long as quality time is not mixed up with pleasure time,it should not be an issue.

Time spent in traffic might not reduce productivity.... The people who live in urban areas are used to that kind of life, I see no reason why they would get to work and then relax....when in traffic, they complain, curse the government and say all sorts but they are already use to that kind of lifestyle...but then it can reduce productivity for someone who is new, someone who isn't use to the system.

The long wait due to traffic can affect productivity that is why some companies provide buses for their employees.they meet at a particular place very early and the bus and Carries them

Yes it does.Due to the time wasted in traffic, you come back tired, hungry and also stressed which can affect your productivity.

It reduces productivity and I can debate on this. Imagine being stucked in traffic for 2 hours? Exhausted and weary, how can you function effectively when the zeal has been drained on the road?

When you keep coming late for work as a result of getting stuck in traffic, it's definitely going to affect the hours you spend in the office which is also going to affect your business output on daily basis.
That's true, the amount of time you would have used in getting a head start has been reduced, you are already stressed mentally from the traffic, in some cases it would take time for you to compose yourself so you could think of ideas to carry out your daily job.

Yes it always does very often than not. Imagine you having your business location at some part of the city abd you're being held in traffic for ten hours, how much time would you have left to do anything meaningful when you get to your shop?

yes that's true , time spent on traffic may affect productivity, but that happens on the urban cities not in the rules communities it really affect productivity of things .
If I'm to be your customer and each time I come to buy a product you are around, I would find another person to patronize. Telling me you came let cos of traffic is not my business. I believe it affects productivity negatively

It's in this part of the world that we stress ourselves unnecessarily, I ha e worked for a multi national company who gave us thirty minutes coffee break after resumption just to refresh and the company even had accommodation I don't know why our own local companies would not do that

Employees that reside in the urban areas will have a lot to say about their ordeal on daily basis navigating to their place of work.
Driving long distances can mean employees will arrive feeling tired and will already need a break when they arrive before starting their work. This then will impact their ability to get work done in the morning, arguably the most productive period of the day for most, thus making them less productive for the whole day.

is it a good idea to seek alternative means of transporting employees to work daily?

Time spent on traffic can somewhat affect productivity. Employees get drained and tired try to navigate and overcome traffic to their work place.
Again, it can also affect a day's target.

I work in lagos, Nigeria the busiest cities in the country. I always leave my house as early as 5am just to be beat traffic and sometimes I will still be get stuck in traffic.
It really affects productivity but man have to work. Going back home is another story for another day.

It is actually an old saying, but true as ever: “Time is money.” A company that can produce quality products in less time than its competitors is likely to be more profitable and productive. An urban area where employees travel less time to get to work is likely to be more productive than one where travel times are longer, all things being equal. Productivity is a principal aim of economic policy. Productivity means greater economic growth, greater job creation and less poverty.

Yes it will definitely reduce productivity, A situation in which you spend hours on the traffic will make you to lose your customers who might have been waiting for you in your business especially if you are a business man or woman. It will even make it very difficult for you as a business personnel.

There are many companies in my city that prefer employees who reside near the company's office and I think they know the importance of location. So, the time spent in a traffic jam can be used to make more sales and be more productive at work and this is why companies often prefer employees who live near office.

Time spent waiting in traffic can reduce productivity as it can make a staff arrive at the office very late for the day's tasks. Alternative means such as using a bicycle to evade traffic or even taking alternative routes might help.

Well it actually reduces productivity because the time spent on the traffic would have been spent elsewhere productive and one would have been able to make profit

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds