Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

does time spent in traffic reduce productivity?

Many people that reside in some cities are always hooked up by traffic and i think that will definitely reduce productivity because they may tired.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think yes that time spent can reduce traffic in productivity, because sometimes you will go to office feeling tried or feeling so bad.

You are right but not all businesses starts or open for business early as 8:00am in the morning. I had worked for a company that open for business at 10:00am.
It depends on the type of company. maybe the company you're working for actually understand the reason they are operating at that period, but normally an official business start by 8:00 in the morning.

Most companies that have their company located in afar place normally build houses for workers in order to reduce the burden of transportation for them . alternatively the person can look for a near accomodation to stay in

Many people that reside in some cities are always hooked up by traffic and i think that will definitely reduce productivity because they may tired.
It is not only the fatigue but also the time that is lost in the travel when there is heavy traffic. But the biggest issue is the stress that I experience. The usual 2 to 3 hours travel time has wasted so much of my resources.

It depends on the type of company. maybe the company you're working for actually understand the reason they are operating at that period, but normally an official business start by 8:00 in the morning.
You may be right to some extents but every companies has their official resumption time for their staff and when they will open for business activities.

You may be right to some extents but every companies has their official resumption time for their staff and when they will open for business activities.
I've never seen a company that has a resumption time above 8:00 ,most of them always advise their employee to be at the office before 8:00, except maybe bakery business that the employee need to leave at the company's building.

Spending too much of time in the traffic can reduce ones ability to be productive in the place of work. That's why it's very important to always avoid traffic at all cost

I've never seen a company that has a resumption time above 8:00 ,most of them always advise their employee to be at the office before 8:00, except maybe bakery business that the employee need to leave at the company's building.
There re many businesses that set their resumption time above 8:am in the morning. I have worked in a manufacturing company as a casual staff and we resume by 9:00am.

This is the main reason why most developed countries with high population are creating another means of transportation apart from traveling on road because traffic is now affecting part of their economy
Most times time spent in traffic reduce productivity but not always so at least one I need to put everything into consideration when it comes to business output.

I do strongly believe it that time spent in traffic will reduce productivity most definitely. This is because after leaving the traffic with only a few hours left to the close of work nothing tangible will be achieved

There has been lots of people who have been trying to prove it people who constantly stay in traffic I normally tired and fatigued and that normally affects their office productivity and interaction.

Time spent in traffic can affect productivity owing to the time lost in traffic . In mega city like Lagos, people using up to find to ten hours in traffic disturbing or hindering them to carry out certain obligations or the other. Some sleep, while some goods becomes perishable.
Most of the time we spent in traffic are suppose to be spent working in the factory or office, imagine spending almost four hours in the traffic when you are suppose to be at work , so i believe time spendnin traffic reduce productivity.

Another effect of these time waisted on the traffic doing nothing is that by the time you must have left the traffic, to our are already exhausted to be able to make any meaningful input at work

There re many businesses that set their resumption time above 8:am in the morning. I have worked in a manufacturing company as a casual staff and we resume by 9:00am.
Wow,there are some companies who employed 2 employee in a day because of the tedious working schedule,but what is the reason why they set their working hours to 9 o lock ?

Time spent in traffic can affect productivity owing to the time lost in traffic . In mega city like Lagos, people using up to find to ten hours in traffic disturbing or hindering them to carry out certain obligations or the other. Some sleep, while some goods becomes perishable.
Of course time that one we spend in any traffic will definitely reduce the productivity time that someone would have been able to utilise to produce some things in the office or in their various places of work late so the only way that we can avoid this kind of productivity delay it by going very early to our various workplace so that whatever time that will be wasting will be actually be that time that would have been sleeping.

The time that is used by people to be spent in traffic is actually a very big one and it is one that makes them end up being very tired and then unproductive.

when it comes to time lag and productivity delay could be a major factor on how the productivity of an individul can be affected,reason why in most developed clime they have a way of introducing city metro transport to mitigate these issues.

Employees that reside in the urban areas will have a lot to say about their ordeal on daily basis navigating to their place of work.
Driving long distances can mean employees will arrive feeling tired and will already need a break when they arrive before starting their work. This then will impact their ability to get work done in the morning, arguably the most productive period of the day for most, thus making them less productive for the whole day.

is it a good idea to seek alternative means of transporting employees to work daily?
Time spent in traffic really affect productivity of a business because. For instance when you are meant to be in a very important meeting and you are stocked in the traffic. Especially Lagos traffic is something else...

Of course it does reduce productivity. One would end up going to office very late this is bad for business. That's why most firms employ those who stays around
[automerge]1634153817[/automerge]
Definitely true. Imagine staying in a traffic for hours then a customer comes to get your products cos you are not around he'll source for other alternative

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds