Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

does time spent in traffic reduce productivity?

Off course time spent in traffic decreases productivity of workers. Just imagine a worker not getting enough sleep, waking up on time to beat traffic and he or she still get caught up with traffic for hours. You won't expect such worker to work like someone who got enough sleep and didn't get caught up with traffic.

Advertisement Placeholder
Time spent waiting in traffic can reduce productivity as it can make a staff arrive at the office very late for the day's tasks. Alternative means such as using a bicycle to evade traffic or even taking alternative routes might help.
Yes, this might help, I believe this is why most companies always want their employees staying within specific locations close to the office. What do you think of this strategy?

Yes, it reduces productivity because I am a true example of one who stays in traffic for hours before getting to the office and it sucks. I try arriving an hour or 30minutes to the office time so that I can get some rest. Most times if I am not opportune to get some rest, I can't give in my best on that day and it affects productivity.

Well, I think most people affected by this are already used to it, they know how to go about it without affecting their productivity.
And it is a good idea to seek other alternatives, like going very early in the morning before the road gets busy.
That is actually an escape strategy to mitigate the problem of loss of man hour,but what if you are in a situation where the early movement is also meet with some greedlock on the road.

Traffic jam can really reduce an employee's productivity. This is because it makes them to be late to work and causes some mental stress. That is why it is best for an employee to be really good in time manager such that they ensure to get to work early before traffic builds up.

It can reduce productivity ,most people who are staying in Lagos may have to spend so much hours on the traffic that by the time they arrived at their business location they have spent almost 3 hours on traffic , so tell me why that won't reduce productivity for the day

Yeah too much traffic along the way definitely affects productivity that much ,to the extent that people start looking for a viable means and option to transport employee ,in a place I have seen before most workers transport themselves through the sea

True, I think there is even a study to back this up, people spend a lot of time in traffic and that time could be better utilised on much productive things, it is sad that urbanisation can't really do much about it.

Time spent in traffic can affect productivity owing to the time lost in traffic . In mega city like Lagos, people using up to find to ten hours in traffic disturbing or hindering them to carry out certain obligations or the other. Some sleep, while some goods becomes perishable.
A lot of people actually suffering and I was less country because of the kind of traffic that they face on a daily basis going to work and coming back from work which is very hectic.

That's the disadvantage of having business in highly congested area. It will surely reduce productivity. But to solve this, early punctuality should be encouraged by the business owners and his workers just to ensure that the business opens early.
When you are spending the productive hours that you have to work in traffic it is definitely going to affect your total work output productivity because you are where you are not supposed to be when you are still in traffic.

One of the factor that aids productivity in anyborganisation or in your personal life,is your ability to operate in a stress free environment,and when that is not guaranteed,then productivity can be hampered,and spending long hours in traffic is one of them.

To a very large degree of extent I can see that this is true . Anybody who has stayed in traffic before knows exactly how frustrating it is and it is not advisable that you should go to work immediately after facing something like that because you are going to be angry.

Yep you need to keep in mind that there are harmful gases in the air produced from cars like CO2 and CO which affect your mood it happens to me personally and one of the solution for that is working online try to do as much work from home as possible

Most of the time , traffic normally reduces employee productivity and the best way to tackle it is to get on the road ahead and before the schedule time if you have a delivery to make.
Traffic jam can really reduce an employee's productivity. This is because it makes them to be late to work and causes some mental stress. That is why it is best for an employee to be really good in time manager such that they ensure to get to work early before traffic builds up.

Spending so much time on the traffic llike some cities here in Nigeria could make you lose some business opportunities most especially at the early morning of the day . I will always have to set up a specific time for opening and closing of my business for official purpose.

The time spent on traffic has been shown in many research conducted to have reduced the productivity of workers. As an employer, you should try to give people an opportunity to rest.

Yes, time spent on traffic really affect productivity and some times usually lead someone to get fired from his work at my country because the boss can not be patient and understandable.

If you're stuck in traffic and you spent a lot of hours in it. There is every possibilities that you will get stressed and tired and as a result, it will definitely affect your productivity at work in a great way.

Time spent in traffic nowadays always lead to stress of workers andnit has showed to affect the workers productivity , you we must alway gives time gap to rest.

of course if you spend a lot of time in the traffic it will probably reduce your productivity because the experience is very exhausting. Many people who live in areas where there is a lot of traffic in the road will probably not be very much productive as they should be.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds