Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does posting links in comment sections viable anymore?

You may not be allowed to share links in the comment section but when you are leaving comment, you also have an option to share your webste link along with the box for name.

Advertisement Placeholder
I figure these days that posting your link in a comment section, isn't very viable anymore. The reason I think this, is because I think most sites block it. I know some blogs/sites allow you to enter a site along with your name/email so that when people click on your name, it sends them to your site. So I have in the past looked for those types of sites, and I always make a general comment on the article. This way, it also creates a sort of backlink for my site, and I'm not spamming to do it. But, I think most sites these days require a sign-in. :(
I know of a site before you could post in any link you have to pay for it, because they know you are going to benefit from the link you are posting on their comments box. So it you are willing to pay you would be allow to post your link as well.

I still post them to back up what I am saying although here you can't copy and paste so I have to type out the whole link. However I have realised that very few people read them so I don't know why I bother..

On some threads I read about do follow and no follow links. The posters said that no follow links do not tell the search engines follow the website, which result in search engines not noticing the link.Comments are no follow links
While the effect of this has gradually reduced some are still very much effective depending on the niche of attached to the link. In general, the idea of posting link in comments to generate traffic is no longer working because many people have seen it as distraction.

On some threads I read about do follow and no follow links. The posters said that no follow links do not tell the search engines follow the website, which result in search engines not noticing the link.Comments are no follow links
If the forum allows it, it is a good option to use the strategy and get your links out there for people to use and reach out to whatever you are offering.

I remember people used to spam websites like Yahoo Answers with their links. They used to mask their spammy links with URL masker and then post it on yahoo answers. Posting spammy links is only profitable to people who use spammy links to generate traffic for advertising network. However, the only people who gain real profits through this strategy are people who own such advertising networks as massive traffic is generated through these spammy links. The owners of such advertising networks do not pay much to people who generate traffic for them. So yes, leaving links in comment section is profitable but only for advertising network owners.

Some forums doesn't let people be it members or guest to post contents, and sharing links that looks intrusive. You can only share link when the information is beneficial to the people.

Posting links in most comment sessions on some websites are been automatically blocked by the websites. But some allow it if your comments are tied as a reference to the link posted.

Posting links in comments sessions is still a viable practice till now. Some of the websites will allow you to post your links when you drop comments and some will use a software to remove your links the moment you drop them in the comment session

Well it all depends on the website or platform you are in, Most forums don't permit links to be dropped on the comment section while others do. Expect you have proper coding skills

If you leave a related comment that reflects the close reading of the content, you may leave links on the comment section and the owner will not delete the comment. This can help

I figure these days that posting your link in a comment section, isn't very viable anymore. The reason I think this, is because I think most sites block it. I know some blogs/sites allow you to enter a site along with your name/email so that when people click on your name, it sends them to your site. So I have in the past looked for those types of sites, and I always make a general comment on the article. This way, it also creates a sort of backlink for my site, and I'm not spamming to do it. But, I think most sites these days require a sign-in. :(
I dont think posting links on websites are viable online anymore , thou its still working in some sites but there are some sites that has removed copy and paste , so its kind if hard to post links on websites,

Posting links on comments section is now highly frowned upon by most web site administrator because they are now categorised as scams and so no website would want that on their website as it will reduce it's Google ranking.

Posting links on comments section is now highly frowned upon by most web site administrator because they are now categorised as scams and so no website would want that on their website as it will reduce it's Google ranking.
Exactly, no one likes to see such links on the site they manage or own especially with the high tendency of spamming links being posted on the site making everything messy.

It depends on how the site was created whether it was created to make it so,as a result we should always try as much as possible to obey the rules and regulation of the administrator of any sites we engage ourselves on as this will help us and the community to grow as well, I believe it depends on the programming system on the site.

Most links as we all know it drive people or directs people to their website or to the product they tend to want the customers or reader to go, and this is an advertising using the owners blog without compensation to the owner

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds