Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you see a graduate becoming a full-time farmer

Lagazine

Mythical member
Credits
Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.

Advertisement Placeholder
Although this may sound funny but it's very possible for graduate to become a full-time farmer, the provision of employment in this country is the main reason why I feel it is possible, since government cannot provide employment for graduate,then in no time, they will go into farming and other businesses

Yea, I'm not seeing graduates becoming farmers but,I have Seen graduates become farmer . It hurts and what's making it so is because no graduates want to become a self employer the all want to be employed by the government and the government is becoming something else

Most people have this belief that agriculture, farming is dirty work and should be left for illiterates that's why most lucrative parts of agriculture remain untapped. Times have changed now, agriculture is not where it was then, any smart graduate will want to go into farming. You don't have to do everything yourself, some people need the job, machines too to make things less stressful, sites to showcase your harvest and sell.

Education they said, is a good legacy. But reverse is the case in some developing countries like Nigeria. In my country Nigeria, every young graduate want a white collar job, but few of them consider a blue collar. I am beginning to see African continent as a food basket of the world in future if graduates are ready to move into Farming. I see Africans providing foods to the world and making things happen as a results of our vast land mass. But, it's not like that now, our resources are not worthy any longer since we all want to travel out of our country to a well developed countries, all in the name of greener pastures. Well, can you advice a graduate to move into full-time farming? Let's hear your opinion.
If that person loves to work with the soil, and have a deeper and profound connection with the earth, yea why not, he will be wealthy by doing that, nature is us and we grow together,

I have also completed M.Phil but I do a government job. It would be difficult for me to say that after graduation a person starts farming. He should stay in his field. He should take a private job that will give you some money from time to time. The money will increase for you.

Graduates mostly don't like doing farm work, they feel they are above such kind of a tedious work.
So when it happens that they graduate and they does not see work to do, most of them even prefers to do labourer's job than farming. There is this resentment to farming that everyone has these days.

Yes, I can see graduate that becomes a farmer. Though many graduate do not want to be a farmer they want be inside office and collecting salary. But there's one of my friends brother that didn't bothere about a job when he graduates. Even he had been said it before graduate that he wants to be a farmer. And after graduation he became farmer though he doing it with technology, he raised capital to start it and now he's doing okay.

Education is very important for all If a person is a graduate, he can still increase his income when he is very active in any agriculture or any other field and he is interested in someone. Even in working, he can read you. The future is for us

Actually bit not bad thing to become a farming... farmers are making good money now, if you are a famer and you go school you will be operating your farm as a business and you will be get good and will become rich than anyone with white collar job

I don't see how being a graduate stops one from being a farmer, in fact, that the essence of studying Agriculture as a course in the university.
Moreover, farming is and will always be lucrative because people must always eat.
As a graduate if you have the opportunity, by all means, please farm!

I have also completed M.Phil but I do a government job. It would be difficult for me to say that after graduation a person starts farming. He should stay in his field. He should take a private job that will give you some money from time to time. The money will increase for you.
It's a good point that one should stay in his field, but don't you think that will be a problem if it happened?

The population of the world is increasing fast, and even government are admitting that food production is not meeting up.

Only old people now go to farm, what will be our fate if they pass away with their knowledge?

Sure,

When it comes to humans being, eating is essential. We need to eat at least 3 time a day.

Here come why every nation need farmer.

So farming is a valuable business we need to invest in

In my opinion, we should cultivate in our own country and become a good farm man. We should also supply food to the people of our country and send food to other countries. The other country should also know that our agriculture supplies goods very well. We can cultivate in our own country and make many products that can be easily sold and sent to other countries another country is always bad, so it is better to cultivate in our own country and we have made a lot of profit from them.

In Nigeria, for certain first degrees, whether they have prospects or not may not useful. There are graduates of agriculture courses and non agric courses who are into poultry and fish farming full time. The moment they noticed that getting jobs is a hard thing, they needed to go technical. They started small and are doing well. My Uncle is a graduate of Electrical engineering but today is a full time farmer, endless scenarios.
This thread shows reality, thanks.

The goal is to make money and there are lots of opportunities in the Farming sector where graduates can make good amount of money from, so I don't think it's a bday idea if s graduate goes into full time farming

Yes of course, why not?
I think the problem Is in the light of how you see and perceive farming as, farming has made tons of people rich, as a graduate it's not necessarily you be the one to go to farm and do the hardwork, you can just invest in it and watch your money work for you

Of course yes because of the some poor country where we find ourselves, but actually is not bad to become a farmers we all know that education is important , but is better to cultivate

Yes if he's having a hard time finding the regular white collar jobs agriculture can be a good alternative. His educational background can make him immensely successful in such areas.

most people in developing parts of the world are venturing into Agriculture including graduates..... It is a booming sector and I see nothing wrong with a graduate engaging in farming even though most people look at it as a job for illiterates.... You have the necessary capital you can employ labourers to work on your farm for you

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds