Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you remain friends with your ex?

MrDawn

Reputable member
Credits
After a break up, do you decide to stay on good terms with your ex or do you just quit having anything to do with them and move on to someone else?

In the past, it usually ended badly for one or the other and some time apart was needed. After some time to heal and adjust it is possible to be friends again.

I can't speak for myself since I've never even been in a relationship, but I could understand being friends with your ex after some time passes to get over what you broke up for, or you peacefully broke up and just wanted to remain friends. If a new SO is involved with an ex, that would seem like it'd be harder to be friends with them. My grandmother has been friends with her ex just about forever because they did not leave each other on bad terms and for a valid reason.

After some time to heal and adjust it is possible to be friends again.
I've never stayed friends with any of my ex's. It's always been mutual in that aspect. There was one ex I really wanted to stay friends with and I went from being labeled as her best friend to her worst enemy. She even started slandering me on Myspace. So I just said screw it and cut ties seeing as it was headed in that direction anyway.

I have a few ex's on my Facebook now. My wife has even met them in person. Now these women are 25 years removed from my life and live far away and we're all adults now, lol.

I only have a few ex's and I'm not friends with them. They're in the past, we just went our separate ways after breaking up, they were all on good terms but I rushed into every one of my relationships, hell I even rushed into things with my current spouse when we first started dating but we broke up, remained friends and got back together then got married in 2020.

I try to leave on good terms. I can probably handle being friends with my ex's but they typically were the ones who could not handle it. Now that I'm married I can't imagine talking to any ex though. If any of them had a friendship with me prior to me getting married though I might feel differently about it. They are ex's for a reason and if they were meant to be in my life today they would be.

My husband's bestfriend is an exgirlfriend, and I'll admit sometimes I get a little jealous but not enough to tell him he can't talk to her or anything. I think it's only natural for you to be protective of your significant other. She came to our wedding and her kids mean a lot to my husband because he has watched them grow up and etc so he is very much an uncle to them basically.

I just have one ex. I don't know if we can consider it a real relationship because I was in 10th grade at that time and we broke up because my academic performance was getting impacted. It was an online relationship though. We had never met. After breaking up, we never contacted each other. I remember trying to reach out to her after getting admission to college but I was not able to. I think it would have been good to be friends. I feel It's good to continue being friends if he/she is a good person and you guys breakup only because you guys don't work well as a couple.

Not like I had a choice in my last relationship. She made it clear she wasn’t interested in staying in contact.

Life goes on.

I'm only friends with one of my ex's.
I didn't want anything to do with my 2 other ex's.

I only have one ex, and I am still friends with her, although we had several years of not speaking after the relationship fell apart!

I had to block my ex, who I was living with, because of toxic behavior. I had financial stuff to deal with and as soon as that got taken care of, I blocked him everywhere.

The other exes weren't toxic but all, but one of them, broke up with me, for the stupidest reasons and I blocked them on fb as well because I'm a petty person and would look them up and see what they're up to lol.

Tried to stay friends with 1 ex but it didn't last long because he had a girlfriend a couple months later.

I don't really feel the need to stay friends with an ex.

I'm not friends with any of my ex-boyfriends, but I'm on fairly good terms with my ex-husband, if only because of our son lol

I am not on good terms with my ex-wife but, my high school sweetheart and I are great friends and her husband is OK with it. Not like anything is going on we play PC games together that's about it. But I do keep in touch.

I do not remain friends with my ex at all. The years of mental abuse I suffered before I managed to speak up and get out, that has made me not want to have anything to do with him. I did have to in the beginning after he moved out as my kids did want to see their dad but over the years, he has proven that he does not care and now they are older, they see that too.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor