Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you pay for your designs?

ZandraJoi

Reputable member
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Credits
Do you pay for your designs? How much on average have you paid? Are you willing to pay a good amount of money so your forum can stand out better?
My forum is on Proboards so fortunately we have a Library we can download themes & designs from. Others have helped each other.

I did when I ran a forum on Zetaboards cost about $50 USD but it was perfect!

I have paid many times to have a custom theme made for me. Back in the days of Zetaboards this was already a usual happening for me. There's only one time I designed a theme from scratch and coded it together with a few people and used it on a forum: https://web.archive.org/web/20100917064856/http://forum2forum.net/index/

I usually don't like my own designs enough to keep them on a forum.

I recently bought a theme from styles factory for VGC and it looks so much better than my own personal attempts at making a unique theme. xD I'm not the best at designing, so I felt that it would be better to purchase a high quality theme from someone who knows what they're doing. I think it's worth it, they put the hard work and effort into making a good theme.

We designee all our own stuff, apart from themes that have been done by others.

I personally utilize PixelExit styles as my base, then I go in and modify them to fit what I want for the site.
Would I like to have a "custom" style... sometimes I say yes, but more often no... as each time your script gets upgraded, you will either need to pay a one-off fee to have your style modified (unless you have a support contract), or you get stuck on an older version of the script.
By purchasing a base style, and then modifying it to my needs, I can upgrade/update that base style upon script upgrades with minimal costs.

On my hypothetical forum, yes I probably would pay for a custom made one.
Specially designed themes make forums stand out and unique as no other forum will have the same one.

Do you pay for your designs? How much on average have you paid? Are you willing to pay a good amount of money so your forum can stand out better?
My forum is on Proboards so fortunately we have a Library we can download themes & designs from. Others have helped each other.
I'm paying Aerodynamic for a theme print so Social Hideouts will look better. So yes, I guess this is considered paying for a custom theme a bit.
I do believe a forum theme plays a bit into making a forum successful, so I do believe it it wise to have a good theme.

I usually pay for a theme, and then I will customize it for my own use.

I have never paid for a custom theme. I'm not opposed to it, but I've never had a vision that I couldn't do myself.

Been using a lot of AI images as of late, but otherwise, I need to find stock images or pay someone if needed. My graphical skills can handle items like solid color squares and text on solid backgrounds, so that doesn't handle most needs.

I have in the past paid for themes but they have been themes that are available for all on sites that offer premium Xenforo themes. If I ever had the money though and an idea I wouldn't hesitate to hire someone to be able to create a unique forum theme for me.

I think it is best to use the default theme and design them to our preference and that of the Users who visit us, because we really can not do things to the taste of us ADM, but of the staff who access daily and spend their time on our site to have an excellent stay

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor