Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you often reply to topics?

On FP all of them ;P as much as I can but not spamming LOL

Joke aside, I reply to topics that I have a reason and answer with. No answer then no post

Last edited:
I tend to reply to topics if I have something to add to them that will be relevant and may help spark up activity again as well.

If I see a topic that has not been replied to in a while and I don't feel I can add to it or even if bumping it would be pointless, then I tend to leave it and move onto the next topic.

I only reply to topics that I can add something of importance to, in order to keep the conversation going. I try not to let the topics go off topic too much, but at times it does happen. If it's a topic I personally cannot contribute to, I just ignore it.

When I have something useful to say, or something I need to learn from, I'll reply.

On my own site though? I haven't been posting much since I don't want the site to seem one-sided. I want other names to show in the boards besides my name so sometimes its over a week before I post anything new on the forums. [Though I am working on 3-4 blog posts that I will release once a week once I feel they're done.]

I try to reply as much as I can on any site I’m on really.
And if I was closing a thread it would be because it was against the rules and I would say why when I did. I don’t mind bringing up old topics as long as it relevant to it.

I think that there should be a badge for "Topic Necromancer" for folks that revive extremely old threads :p Not because its bad, but as sign that they dig very deep into the history of the board :)

I think that there should be a badge for "Topic Necromancer" for folks that revive extremely old threads :p Not because its bad, but as sign that they dig very deep into the history of the board :)
I try to reply to topics on which I have some knowledge or experience. If I run out of topics, I dig the ones which were posted before I joined and then try to reply on them if I can. 😄 Also, sometimes I try to target the ones with 0 or the least no. of responses in hope of continuing the discussion thinking it might be a good topic to talk on for the current userbase.

If I can relate to a topic on my board, I generally always reply. It gives a sense of presence that the administrator is active and helps bring more activity to your board, in my opinion.

I try to respond to threads that I have some kind of input, and if I don't necessarily have knowledge, perhaps it is to ask to learn more about it. I read all threads for the most part, other than the few I might miss because of the activity being active.

Well, I certainly reply to topics like this just to say yes ;)

In general though, if my reply is nothing, none or no interest or something along those lines, I wouldn’t reply as I know how annoying that is when members seemingly post just to up their post count 😩

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor