Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you need to be an expert in your field to become a manager?

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits

I don't think so, but it does help to have a pretty good knowledge in the area that you want to be a manager in.

Advertisement Placeholder
The managerial expertise is actually learnt in school so it's not about you being an expert in your chosen field of career before you can become a manager it is a very technical role that is mostly learnt in school.

Not necessarily, if you are an expert I think it is an added advantage, managerial skills are somewhat different and you do not need to be an expert in the field.

Most managers we see today are not even related to that field in terms of education or job skills but they are able to do very well, simply because they have good management skill in general.

A manager does not really need to be an expert in his field but a great team leader someone can can lead a group of people is a perfect person to be a manager as experts might be to bossy for people to work with

A manager don't necessarily need to be an expert in that field. As far he or she can has a good interpersonal and managerial skills, the person can do the job.

You need to be an expert in your field in other to become a manager because for me I can't make anyone a manager in my company if the person is not an expert

Well definitely if you're not skilled in any endeavor I don't think you can manage that sector properly. At a point one needs to be competent.

You can only lead something you can follow, a preacher wouldn't preach if he or she wasn't familiar with what is being preaches and so managers must themselves be knowledgeable about the activities of the business to be able to direct others

Yes and yes I think you need to be an expert in any field before you can be a manager in that field, you need to know how things work in the field

Even if you don't have experience in that niche, it would be good to have some experience in related fields. You can't be a good manager if you have no idea of problems that will arise and how to solve them.

I don't think so but it's necessary to have little experience about the business anyway.thats why we have short term courses one can enroll in to get knowledge about a particular field.

Not necessarily, if you are an expert I think it is an added advantage, managerial skills are somewhat different and you do not need to be an expert in the field.
Been an expert is additional advantage its a good backup if you are an exoert for instant a good manager will know how to do his work very well and improve the status of his establishment and this can be done through expert knowledge so having and expert knowledge can aid more

Been an expert is additional advantage its a good backup if you are an exoert for instant a good manager will know how to do his work very well and improve the status of his establishment and this can be done through expert knowledge so having and expert knowledge can aid more
I agree, being an expert does help, but at the same time there are people who are experts in their field but lack the required leadership skills to fill or be successful at managerial roles.

I don't think so, but it does help to have a pretty good knowledge in the area that you want to be a manager in.
I agree with you @Joshua Farrell in the sense that you don't need to be an expert before you become a good manager but you need to have a good level of knowledge.
Also, one can become an expert by reading or studying from experts in that your chosen field of interest

You need to be an expert in your field in other to become a manager because for me I can't make anyone a manager in my company if the person is not an expert
Well then all you are looking for is a manager but when you are looking for a leader someone to lift your business you really don't need an expert become manager but a team leader some that motivates colleagues those are not experts because if things start going sore the experts will leave you but the leader will find a solution you lift up your business

I will say for any one to manage a particular thing i will simply say means the person has the capability or is an expert in it,yes you need an ideal in your field to be a manager

Yeah indeed I like to be an expert and versatile in my field also to become the overall manager of the field but i can't handle that alone unless have to run with a assistant.

Earning the opportunity to be a manager is a significant career achievement. Your knowledge and experience may make you more desirable as a job applicant or more valued inside your present firm.

Ofcourse you do, because management is the heartbeat if any business or organization at all. It is very important that get only the qualified to fill in the position in order to keep your business running and in good shape. He/she must have experience in the job especially in working with other employees.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds