Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you like to start a business on your own? Or with a partner?

For example, suppose an investor buys a thousand shares in a company for a total of $ 1000. Due to the stock market crash, the share price has dropped by 75%. As a result, the investor's position falls from 1,000 shares worth 1,000 shares to 1,000 shares worth 250. In that case, if the investor sells the position, they will have a net loss of $ 750. However, if the investor is not nervous and leaves money to invest, there is a good chance that when the market declines.

Advertisement Placeholder
The thought of starting your own company is unquestionably overwhelming. There are several variables to take into consideration, such as the decision to launch your start-up with investors or all on your own. You are embarking on a vision of your own, or is the vision shared with a team? Going it alone will definitely give you your business total autonomy and power, but a partner will encourage you to grow into a more dynamic approach.

For me, I like to start a business with a partner simple because of my 3 main reason.

a. Checks and Balances
Your ideas all sound incendiary to you, but what about the whole world? With a team approach, when testing out new ideas, products and services, and markets, your partners can serve as your sounding board. Their input may be invaluable, particularly when you're first starting up. When you are brainstorming and problem-solving, they can also serve as an additional source of creativity. As the saying goes, two minds (or more) are better than one.

b. Diversifying Expertise
Only in so many ways would you be an expert. You can broaden the scope of your business by selecting partners with different expertise. This will increase your client base, which will improve your earning potential. Partners with varying skill sets can also aid in distributing the workload.

c. Dividing the Risk
Multiple sources of cash flow can mean having partners, which will undoubtedly benefit your business during both the start-up and growth phases. Among other individuals, the risk of your investment will be shared, which will shield you if your business doesn't turn out as expected. Also, don't discount the psychological advantage of having partners, knowing that you're not alone in your efforts can help you feel safer when the entrepreneurial road gets rough.

Soo far these are my reasons why I like to start a business with a partner, and how about you?
I really want to start business with a partner because as u also know that there are many reasons behind my answer before business whom are our good friend but due to doing work on same work place with equal share sometimes some mishap created and we lose our friend and other reason is I don't have to much trustworthy man for my business patnership

I have experience in both, I hard a business I started alone and it was moving fine untill my worker became unfaithful and I hard to suspend the business, doing business alone is not easy but is somehow better than partnership, because partnership always has problems.

The idea of starting your own business is undoubtedly daunting. There are many factors to consider, such as the decision to begin your start-up with partners or all on your own.
Going it alone will certainly give you full autonomy and control of your business, but a partner may allow you to expand into a more dynamic approach.

Both options are really nice for me. Solo business will always make you major person and authority who can take every decision regarding business. Similarly he will bo not pressurized by his partners and no will ask to back his partnership and shares.
On the other hand if we nake partnership we have to compromise and burden will be shared between partners and loss also.

I would like to start my own personal business without any form of partnership from any body reason been that if someone should partner with another person it might be hard for the partner to commit his or her self into the business meanwhile the sharing formulate won't change

I would love to start on my own. Starting a business with a partner as always risky. if you don't know the partner very well you might get your fingerss burnt. Starting a business alone makes you more focused determined and ready to face any challenge that may arise.

Well, for me it will depend mainly on the nature of the business I would like to start. If the business involved large capital or various technical management skills that I know l can't manage the operations of the business on my own, then l would opt for partnership with documents being signed in the law court.
Very well. If the business is small and you can manage it easily, do on your own. But if the business is on large scale and you are a beginner, add partners to manage this business. Otherwise it may suffer lose.

The thought of starting your own company is unquestionably overwhelming. There are several variables to take into consideration, such as the decision to launch your start-up with investors or all on your own. You are embarking on a vision of your own, or is the vision shared with a team? Going it alone will definitely give you your business total autonomy and power, but a partner will encourage you to grow into a more dynamic approach.

For me, I like to start a business with a partner simple because of my 3 main reason.

a. Checks and Balances
Your ideas all sound incendiary to you, but what about the whole world? With a team approach, when testing out new ideas, products and services, and markets, your partners can serve as your sounding board. Their input may be invaluable, particularly when you're first starting up. When you are brainstorming and problem-solving, they can also serve as an additional source of creativity. As the saying goes, two minds (or more) are better than one.

Only in so many ways would you be an expert. You can broaden the scope of your business by selecting partners with different expertise. This will increase your client base, which will improve your earning potential. Partners with varying skill sets can also aid in distributing the workload.

c. Dividing the Risk
Multiple sources of cash flow can mean having partners, which will undoubtedly benefit your business during both the start-up and growth phases. Among other individuals, the risk of your investment will be shared, which will shield you if your business doesn't turn out as expected. Also, don't discount the psychological advantage of having partners, knowing that you're not alone in your efforts can help you feel safer when the entrepreneurial road gets rough.

Soo far these are my reasons why I like to start a business with a partner, and how about you?
To start up a new business on your own is better sometimes starting with partnership depends on the financial involvement, or if it has to with business that needs political backup, then one needs to partner with people or persons that can pull some strings.
However, personal or partnership type of business are oky. But as for me, i prefer starting up my own business on my own.. It will give more responsibilities which l will love to undertake.

Actually, all that you have said so far is a point taken and awesome. well in my own view of things, I will like to run the business by myself compared to a partnership business.
running a business on your own terms and condition in which it is a sole proprietorship business, business ownership and control by the owner.

Decision making; in this kind of business you get to make your own decision fast on how the business is meant to go, you take necessary action whenever it's necessary without wasting time or wanting to meet the other partners.
RISKs: although the level of risk is taken by the owner itself.
Profit: also when profit is made it's only the owner who gets to share and take it to profit all to himself.
TO an extent I will say the proper measure has to be put in place in other to the risks bearing reduce.

a. Checks and Balances

c. Dividing the Risk

It's a good idea to have a partnership business but only in that case when you have a broad business and multiple products in it. Because it becomes difficult for a person who is having solo business to manage multiple products at once. But I always prefer to have a solo business because friends are the real worth and in business, at some point it irritates and creates problems within both of you, which I don't want to have. That's why I prefer to have solo business than partnership.

There are advantages and disadvantages of both business either Solo or in partnership.
If I talk about Solo business, Solo man has to bear the burden lonely, if unpleasant threat like loss or anything will be faced by only person who started business lonely. But at the same time he can take decisions himself. Any profit will go to his pocket.
In partnership you have to do compromise, can't take decisions, can't ignore their suggestions.

I suggest you that you should start your business with partnership. Because of partnership, you have many advantages like as small burden, good experience and not feel embarrassment if unfortunately if you get loss in your business as compared to single one. Because it is possible that you can start your own business in future by the experience of this partnership.

Starting a business with a partner will be better since you will have more ideas from each partner. Different people with different ideas and experiences. You can also focus on one area of the business while your partner focuses on another.

I agree completely not only will you have a capital weight off your shoulders, there are more heads put together to solve a problem, that means you have more than one approach to tackle the business. Also there are things you might miss as a sole owner, that your partner won't because of the vested interest in the company.
My dear with due respect I would like to add a little bit in it that if you do partnership with your trustable friends then your many problems will be solved. The first problem of capital because more people can invest more capital and you can do your business at large scale. Second one decision making could be easy because more heads are better than one. Risk will also divert from you to your partners also.

This a big question to everybody but not to me because it's not a big question and moreover have been in that shoes so I no how to handle it... I will never advise anybody to go into any partnership but start his business alone with whatever he or she has so that you can rest of mind and no issues

This issue of sole proprietorship versus partnership has been discussed many times in this forum. My usual reply is a sole proprietorship so that you can have the full control of the business. If you have a business partner that will be a source or cause of friction that can harm you emotionally. When you are alone on top of the operation then it is always you call that is obeyed because you are the boss and the only boss.

I will start on my own i will not at the moment partner with anybody to run a business for now. When you start your business on your own with time the business will begin to grow to the extent that it will develop to a point where you can decide to partner in some areas.

Yes am in support of all your statements especially the aspect of sharing the risk, as this is very important for a start up partnership businesses.
But looking into the deficiencies of partnership business like lack of trust and others, one can still be confident in starting up a business on his or her own.

Starting business on your own or starting with a partner has their own risks.
Sole proprietorship is a business in which an individual is in charge. You start the business only you, fund the business only you, and you don't share the risk with anybody.
But in partnership business you share the responsibilities and the risk of running the business with your partners.
The both of them has their cons and pros. I would go for partnership business because two heads are better than one.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds