Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you keep track of your passwords?

Henrywrites

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
We have a lot of apps and websites that we visit on a daily basis. When it comes to managing the passwords to all these sites, how do you go about it? Is the method that you are using safe?

I use a password manager with a complex password and 2FA. I've never had any problems with it over the years.

I tend to use 2FA where I can and I also save all my passwords using a password manager and that seems to work for me.

I have never been alerted to my passwords being breached and never had any issues with anyone getting into my account who should not.

I honestly just let Firefox save all my passwords. I always generate random passwords every time I join a new website, so I don't have the same password across differnt websites.

I honestly just let Firefox save all my passwords.
I should do this on Google Chrome for message boards I register on, at least all of the ones I do post exchanges on. That way, I don't have to use the same password I used previously just to remember it for the next time I may do a post-exchange.

I use 1Password right now, and I have 2FA enabled on every single site that supports it, even here. Even if I don't spend money on the site, I still give it a random password of 16+ chars, and 2FA enabled everywhere possible. It makes it very difficult to hack into all my accounts.

I have a top secret system of my own where I can personally create a unique password for each site and remember what it is.

But then sites like this I just log in through a login handler.

I have little amount of passwords whirling down on paper :) those that I often not logged into that often but like other says I use google or the browser that I use to do it hahahah

Even if you forgot the passwords, rather then resetting. You go into the google browser's settings and look it up ;P

I save all my passwords to my phone.
When I need them, I go to the settings and check my password.

Oh yes, I have a good five ways to track which all kind of fight with each other depending on how often they're used.

It's as horrible as it sounds.

I use KeePassXC to manage all the different accounts (forums, shops, services etc). Every single account has it's own unique E-Mail address, and it's own unique password. And on forums, i never use the same nickname. :)

I've been doing this for 20 years or so, and never had a problem.

Google does that for me xD

*waits for Google haters to enter*

It's not random or irrational hatred, you understand, it's the culmination of watching their misbehaviour over the last 25 years...
I’m only stirring, I probably should’ve used a different word than ‘haters’ :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor