Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you have a Graphics Team?

ZandraJoi

Reputable member
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Credits
Does your forum have its own Graphics Team? Does the Team just work on the forum's graphics or do they do requests from members? If so, how much do you charge for doing graphics? Is it quite lucrative? Do the members utilize the service?

At the moment my forum does not have a graphics team but I would not be opposed to having one if we felt it would help the forum. My only issue at the moment is that I would not be able to pay any staff members for their work so everything would be voluntary and it some cases, the demand for voluntary work now is low.

Since my board is mostly about coding and my online friend does most graphic work based around the forum, we have no graphics team. It may attract more visitors if we did allow graphics requests and had a graphics gallery, but I find it time-consuming enough just worrying about the coding resources at times.

I remember the days of graphics teams! I miss those days! There isn't as much need for the specialized requests these days. Most can use canva if they wanted something, or that's probably all that would be used. I miss the days of a bit extra and use of photoshop!

I would consider time spent on the graphic if I did have a graphics team. About 100forum cash for an avatar, 300 for a basic signature/advert. 350 for perhaps the avatar and signature. 600 for a more detailed signature + 50 for an avatar.

In the days you could request a forum print with graphics, those used to be about $5-10 USD. 1000 forum cash at the least in my opinion because the amount of work sometimes.

I would love to see the return of true graphics forums and teams!

I do graphics on Promotion Future and we accept Stripe, PayPal as well as our forum currency called Promotion Future Tokens. I'm pretty much the team right now, but that's okay. I have over 30 years experience in graphics and graduated from the American Academy of Art in Chicago. Right now I'm mostly using Canva because I'm really enjoying all the free aspects of it that include the licenses so I don't have to worry about copyrights.

I remember the days of graphics teams! I miss those days! There isn't as much need for the specialized requests these days. Most can use canva if they wanted something, or that's probably all that would be used. I miss the days of a bit extra and use of photoshop!

I would consider time spent on the graphic if I did have a graphics team. About 100forum cash for an avatar, 300 for a basic signature/advert. 350 for perhaps the avatar and signature. 600 for a more detailed signature + 50 for an avatar.

In the days you could request a forum print with graphics, those used to be about $5-10 USD. 1000 forum cash at the least in my opinion because the amount of work sometimes.

I would love to see the return of true graphics forums and teams!
Yeah, those were the days. Seeing specific graphic design forum and some really cool ones too!

I always hope and try to bring it somewhat back, but haven't had much success yet. Besides some few requests I complete on my own, that's about it.

Yeah, those were the days. Seeing specific graphic design forum and some really cool ones too!

I always hope and try to bring it somewhat back, but haven't had much success yet. Besides some few requests I complete on my own, that's about it.

With Canva, everyone can be an artist...except not everyone knows about the fundamentals of art which makes some art look better than others. That's the problem with offering graphics is that people prefer to try to build them themselves. They think it might be too much money to spend on images, or they can't convey what they want to others, so in the long run, it's better for them to just try to design it themselves.

I remember trying to design a logo once for someone and he said NO to gradients. I designed a few things and he said nevermind and that he got someone else to do it...and there was a gradient. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

With Canva, everyone can be an artist...except not everyone knows about the fundamentals of art which makes some art look better than others. That's the problem with offering graphics is that people prefer to try to build them themselves. They think it might be too much money to spend on images, or they can't convey what they want to others, so in the long run, it's better for them to just try to design it themselves.

I remember trying to design a logo once for someone and he said NO to gradients. I designed a few things and he said nevermind and that he got someone else to do it...and there was a gradient. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Haha Gradients are important or it can look quite flat!

That's true - if you have no idea how to explain what they want, they may never get what they want and that would be difficult... Having some basic knowledge is important! I remember on a forum I was on in a graphics request they were able to share examples to help them explain what they wanted exactly and I felt like it helped!

Haha Gradients are important or it can look quite flat!

That's true - if you have no idea how to explain what they want, they may never get what they want and that would be difficult... Having some basic knowledge is important! I remember on a forum I was on in a graphics request they were able to share examples to help them explain what they wanted exactly and I felt like it helped!

And what about those who know what they want, but what they want is garbage??? I've had to design some of those logos too and ouch, I don't let those in my portfolio.

And what about those who know what they want, but what they want is garbage??? I've had to design some of those logos too and ouch, I don't let those in my portfolio.
That sounds painful honestly. I know I've seen some who did the not so great version, but included a great version as well in order to give them an option.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest