Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you find your forum quieter during the summer months?

For topics related to engaging users and creating community interaction.
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
We are halfway through the year already and with that comes summer and the warmer months ahead. Something I have always noticed on forums when we get to the summer months is how much quieter they are compared to other times of the year.

Most people want to get out and enjoy the warmer weather or they are heading away on holiday to make the most of the nicer weather.

When the summer months hit, do you find that your forums get quieter? How do you handle that?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, sometimes. I find forums during the summertime to be a bit quieter, so it's a bit tricky to put out new content to get folks eyes on your forum again during this time since a lot of folks are out in the sun and not sitting inside at their computers most days.

Summer is when I notice that forums die off quite a bit regarding activity. It's to be expected as many spend more time outdoors, even on vacations too and have less time to spend on forums during that time of year.

It's easy to get discouraged when your forum gets quieter but it's wise to keep doing what you do ready for when the influx of activity starts again.

I do not have a lot of activities and a lot of users on my forums, therefore, my forums are quieter all around the year. :D
Well, if actually depends on your userbase. If most users are from Europe and North America, where taking Summer vacation is more common, you might experience lack of activities. But if your most users are from Asia and Africa, where taking vacation during summer is less common, there will not be much difference in activities.

Yes, during summer kids are out of school, and the teenagers who spend time on forums during other seasons of the year are usually chilling and having fun in public places, or they use social media more than forums because social media is generally more mobile-friendly than forums.

Also, with kids being out of school, parents likely spend more time with their children going on vacations and doing more things in public.

Summertime is when many people go on vacations and spend more time with family. At least, that's the way I see it.

I live in Texas where it's usually 100+ all summer long, so I'd rather stay indoors than do outdoor activities, I imagine it's dependent on where you live.

It does seem more people are out and about during the summertime, I'm the opposite though I hate the heat and can't comprehend why people want to stay outdoors when it's super hot and humid lol. I'd rather stay inside in the air conditioning, I immediately do that after a long, miserable, hot day at work.

I live in Texas where it's usually 100+ all summer long, so I'd rather stay indoors than do outdoor activities, I imagine it's dependent on where you live.
Being an old fart, I grew up with the only AC being in the living room of the house. The rest of the year, it was an attic fan and floor fans. I've tried to carry that forward as much as I can as I've gotten older. Even now if I'm the only one in the truck the windows are rolled down and no AC on in 100° temps.
Still mow my yard with a self-propelled mower, but I do wait until the evening to do it instead of the middle of the day now.
So being out in higher temps are not that big of a thing. Now my son and daughter? They grew up with central heat and air and if they have to get out and do anything in 90° temps other than being in/on the water, they complain.

We are halfway through the year already and with that comes summer and the warmer months ahead. Something I have always noticed on forums when we get to the summer months is how much quieter they are compared to other times of the year.

Most people want to get out and enjoy the warmer weather or they are heading away on holiday to make the most of the nicer weather.

When the summer months hit, do you find that your forums get quieter? How do you handle that?

You are really observant. This is what always happens during those periods. I believe that it is the time forum owners and staff members should become more active as a way of boosting activities on the site since regular members don't visit often again.

You are really observant. This is what always happens during those periods. I believe that it is the time forum owners and staff members should become more active as a way of boosting activities on the site since regular members don't visit often again.
This is very true, sometimes it can be difficult to deal with a forum that goes quiet over the summer months and you can easily lose track and possibly even give up when that happens. Sticking at it, having a plan and keeping discussions going yourself as the leader or owner of the forum can help a great deal.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds