Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Content Creation Do you ever rewrite some of your old content?

A prefix for threads focusing on the creation of content for websites and forums.

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
It's not uncommon to stumble upon your old topics and posts while browsing your forum. So when you do, have you ever considered the possibility of giving them a fresh lease of life by rewriting and improving them? Let's discuss why this practice can be a game-changer for your community and your online presence.

Rewriting old content is a powerful strategy that allows you to take advantage of existing content's potential. Why reinvent the wheel when you can build on what you've already established? By giving your old topics a makeover, you can breathe new life into them, making them more relevant and valuable to your audience.

But why choose rewriting over republishing? Here's the deal: your old content might already be indexed and ranked on major search engines, giving it a certain level of authority. By making improvements and updates, you can boost its visibility and engagement without the risk of duplicating content. Search engines love fresh, updated content, and so do your readers!

Running a successful forum demands dedication, passion, and hard work. By continuously improving your content, you demonstrate to your community that you're committed to delivering the best possible experience. Quality and depth, coupled with strong backlinks, are your secret weapons in outshining your competitors.

So, do you ever rewrite some of your old content?

Sometimes we update the terminology we use on the community. For instance, we no longer call ourselves a "Forum" but rather a "Community". So all the old Staff posts, especially policies, etc, had to reflect this change. We also no longer use the terms "Administrator" or "Moderator" and so these needed updating also.

I never actually thought to rewrite some of my old content, but it seems like it would be a good idea to do! I did have to go back and edit some old threads from when I had my three forums that were merged to create Thee Zone, but other than that I typically don't go back and edit old posts. I think this could be beneficial especially if your community offers information for a specific niche too. You want to be sure your posts are up to date.

I believe that it is not about what time that you rewrite some of the contents on your website, but why you are doing so. I always ensure that I grab the latest terminologies and apply same on my forum. I don't want my pages looking outdated.

I think it's a great idea to revamp topics and threads if you think it will build potentially more traffic.

I've definitely rewritten some threads because I thought of better content to make the thread more relatable.

I may look back at the old content for ideas and based on what has been written about however I would rather make new content about it. I may use the same fraze however more refreshed.

Also if the old didn't work out then you might as well open up a all new idea

Never seen the point tbh, I've got threads that began in 2003 and still going and they're now thousands of pages old. Not broke, don't fix it. New members generally just jump straight into topics.

Having been around as long as I have, I still have some of the "old" posts... and when I read them, its like... OMG, great ideas, ok content, but I can see the inexperience... the lack of thought, and more of "in-the-moment". Then there are some OMG, I wrote that crap !!! And if the people back then could see me now, maybe they would not have left the "forum". LOL

Verily, as far as rewriting old content... seems the thing to do, when one has the opportunity ! For me, roleplaying and creative writing is a hobby... I do it when I can as often as I can, but someone has to pay the bills !!!!

Well it is a good thing to constantly update your forum contents, but let ask a innocent question: since the original article has already been posted and is on the web and SEO, wouldn't rewriting it and then posting it again count as plagiarism? Or is there something I'm missing?

Not per-se "re-write posts"... but I will edit articles that I have on my site when I obtain new content.... and it's shown as an update. But on my niche, that is not really abnormal.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest