Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you design your own site?

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Since there are different kinds of CMS for different sites, you can build your own site. However, some people like to hire a professional design to build websites for them. Do you build your own site or hire a profgessional?

My best online friend has always designed the theme of the message board I ran and I coded them. I'm purely a coder and don't know an ounce of web design skills, so I'm glad she's been willing to help out in that area.

I tend to work on building my own site and my boyfriend will also help me with coding when it comes to wanting something unique for my website. Unless my site is already making me money or unless I have another site that is making me money I tend to avoid going and hiring someone to do it if I feel I can do it myself or with my boyfriends help. I would rather only put money back into something if I feel it will pay off otherwise it ends up being a lost investment.

I'm still learning how to, my last website was contracted out. But I want to build my next one myself.

I have not designing ideas and so buy premium HTML theme according to our need online or choose designer in my networks to get new design and then code them from my end.

Own coding always better than other. My all websites are coded by myself.

I have always built my own, getting into forums and websites and the cost of pre-built templates put me onto it.

Well, I literally work for a design agency so, uh, would be weird if I didn't enjoy it on some level. Depending on needs, we do WordPress or Laravel/Vue. We've also done some React stuff jammed into WordPress, that's good fun (not).

I've always done *something* with a site, even the most dire, only-for-me-personally stuff has had a theme on it, whether it was something I got and customised, or something I made from scratch. I enjoy the building, which is why.

I usually do my own designs for my websites and forums because that's usually what I find most enjoyable with this hobby of mine.

But I don't think there is anything wrong with using a pre-made template or design for your website or forum. There are so many good - both free and paid - templates that you can choose to use with your CMS these days that normal users won't really take notice. It's better to focus on your content than take forever to make and maintain a functional and good-looking design for your website.

I know html and css and have coded a website design before. However, nothing fancy.
I don't know the first thing about modifying a forum theme, though. I will be forcing myself to learn, though.
For wordpress or html templates there are really good themes that don't need modifying.

I can edit some stuff on the theme, but have chosen not to do so. I like the theme as it is.

I write, draw, code etc. It is within my ability to put up a good looking website.

Not that I am a very advanced web developer. But in most cases, I am competent enough to meet the requirements.

I write, draw, code etc. It is within my ability to put up a good looking website.

Not that I am a very advanced web developer. But in most cases, I am competent enough to meet the requirements.
I'm not either personally. But I'm familiar with proboards and Xenforo.

Very rarely will I do a 100% custom theme. Most of the time I will choose a framework and customize it to suit my needs.

But, yes I do it myself. I won’t hire someone.

Have to agree with @Matt C.
My site is based upon the PixelExit style Bolt (the default one). I also have a customized version of Blackened Pro as an option (since I am an astronomy site I tend towards dark styles).

And the customizations done are done totally by me. Including the crappy logo graphics!

Have to agree with @Matt C.
My site is based upon the PixelExit style Bolt (the default one). I also have a customized version of Blackened Pro as an option (since I am an astronomy site I tend towards dark styles).

And the customizations done are done totally by me. Including the crappy logo graphics!
Is it paid or free to use?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest