Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you care about Google Rank?

Naiwen

Renowned member
Credits
I personally don't. Why? Because more activity means you're in Google and 1st faster.

I care if I'm listed in the top 3 pages on Google, but any other type of ranking system, I don't care at all. I want people to find my forums and right now, only one is doing well on the page listings, the other one I don't know if it will ever be visible because the forum is so inactive. I'll keep plugging along though and checking every 6 months to see how I do.

Google rank is very important and I think every website or forum owners you should care about. What many people don't know is that google bring more organic traffic to a website. For instance, if I type Affliate marketing to Google now, it'll bring a list of the website that have information on the keyword I type. The good algorithm will arrange the website from the highest rank to the lowest rank. The implication of this is that if your website is not rank high by Google, it'll be hard for you to get organic traffic to your website.

I don't put a lot of effort into getting high rank, but I have had that position benefit me often just doing what comes naturally. My favorite example is many years ago I was very active on a Forum that did not allow referral links anywhere, so I registered the .info for my username (at that time I couldn't afford the .com) and in a very short time I had the #1 spot for that domain. It has drifted down the results a little, but still is on the first page with my photo and that has made many contacts for me over the years.

Even further back I wanted to have a domain for some articles I wanted to write, so I bought ByWC.com (WC is my initials) and posted a few articles with my byline. Almost instantly it was #1 for that search, but didn't gain me much benefit. What it did do is put me in contact with a man who talked me into selling the domain to him for $1,500 and that was more than I ever made writing articles. The funny thing was I watched for several years and never saw anyone post anything there except ads that had nothing to do with the name. In fact I checked today and GoDaddy has it for sale. Go Figure?

I would be lying if I said that I have never paid attention to my Google rank. Back when I first started out creating forums I would do a lot of working on my SEO and I would constantly be looking at my Google rank to see if what I was doing was working. I soon realized that I was better off just doing what I was doing and letting things just go with the flow and soon I noticed a steady stream of new visitors and new members. I now never bother to check my Google rank if I am honest.

I think my board was once the first or second board listed on Google at one point when searching specific keywords. Nowadays, it seems like my board is hard to find in the cluster of search results on Google. I care about good Google ranking to help bring in visitors and new members that are looking for the items of my board, but it seems aside from that one or couple of times my rank was good it has never been that great since then. I'm no SEO expert by any means, so I wouldn't really know the best way to try and rectify that.

Google is very much "if you're not first, you're last". Meaning, if you aren't on the first page of regular google searches, no one is going to find your site on Google because no one goes beyond the first page in google for most searches.

Google is very much "if you're not first, you're last". Meaning, if you aren't on the first page of regular google searches, no one is going to find your site on Google because no one goes beyond the first page in google for most searches.
Thats why people need search engine optimization service .... First important thing don't target single keywords ...... Try always multiple keywords and/or keywords phrases, long tail keywords more helpfull than short or single word keyword. If your website is well optimized according to your keywords and doing good off page works then good ranking will be your award for sure ..... yes its a bit time taking process but award will be better after few weeks patience.

Whether or not Google is useful depends largely on the type of site that you have. For forums in particular, Google is decreasing greatly in importance as time goes on; forums are a more niche mode of communication, so more targeted promotion is necessary in my opinion.

It really depends.

I'm not too worried about ranking my forums right now. I'm focusing on community.

For my hiking brand, it's a priority. It's now an accomplishment. I have SEO down perfectly and I can assume everything I write will get to page 1 fairly quickly but it took building a community (for 6 years) to get to that.

I can share an article on FB for example and usually 1 out of 5 articles get shared over 100 times in just a few hours.

It took a lot of work to get to that, though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor