Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do businesses take complaints seriously where you live?

Business owners should take complaints seriously in order to thrive, in my area and where I work complaints are taken seriously

Advertisement Placeholder
Only few business or organisation take complaint seriously in my country. They felt they can do without some of the customers that are complaining especially the big or established company that has large customers base.

Either ways letter of complaint is just to put things in other,it makes things ok and it helps to identify a problem and how serious the problem is

I haven't written an actual one yet. Well,most places don't take it seriously.Some might feel you are arrogant and might even look for ways to fire you. Some few places might take it seriously and work on rectifying the problems.

Yes, most large scale businesses here take complaints seriously. They are after keeping the reputation of the company great and so they will hear any complaints and rectify the issues.

They're not taken seriously especially when the business is not being managed by the owner. Some business owner takes delight in laxity and tend to perceive that you're a bad omen if you try to complain!

I have written quite a lot actually, I think some of the letters/emails I wrote fell on deaf ears until I had to involve higher authorities. Sometimes it does get noticed, sometimes it doesn't.

This thread is really interesting. Most of the successful businesses do not actually take complaints seriously in my area. They think that it is just a few customers that are complaining and we will do fine without them. This is something that big businesses should never do and they should not discriminate against their customers.

Restaurants and Bars

The food service industry quite often takes a hit during economic downturns. In the aftermath of the 2008 recession, numerous restaurant chains simply went out of business. Others were forced to cut their labor costs by laying off workers. Thousands of restaurant employees lost their jobs—although many did regain employment within the industry as the economy began to recover a few years later. Unfortunately, current recession doesn’t bode well for this industry, which already operates on thin profit margins just barely exceeding 6% of annual sales, on average.

Leisure and Hospitality
Whoever coined the term “staycation” is likely sick of their own concept by now. The global pandemic has created a staycation that looks more like Groundhog Day than anything else. Unfortunately, this extended quarantining means a significant impact on the leisure and hospitality industry. Hotels and rental car companies are suffering massive declines in revenue.
[automerge]1634313951[/automerge]
Understanding Business Ethics
Business ethics ensure that a certain basic level of trust exists between consumers and various forms of market participants with businesses. For example, a portfolio manager must give the same consideration to the portfolios of family members and small individual investors. These kinds of practices ensure the public receives fair treatment.

The concept of business ethics began in the 1960s as corporations became more aware of a rising consumer-based society that showed concerns regarding the environment, social causes, and corporate responsibility. The increased focus on "social issues" was a hallmark of the decade.

Since that time period, the concept of business ethics has evolved. Business ethics goes beyond just a moral code of right and wrong; it attempts to reconcile what companies must do legally versus maintaining a competitive advantage over other businesses. Firms display business ethics in several ways.

Business ethics are meant to ensure a certain level of trust between consumers and corporations, guaranteeing the public fair and equal treatment.

Examples of Business Ethics​

Here are a few examples of business ethics at work as corporations attempt to balance marketing and social responsibility. For example, Company XYZ sells cereals with all-natural ingredients. The marketing department wants to use the all-natural ingredients as a selling point, but it must temper enthusiasm for the product versus the laws that govern labeling practices.

Some competitors' advertisements tout high-fiber cereals that have the potential to reduce the risk of some types of cancer. The cereal company in question wants to gain more market share, but the marketing department cannot make dubious health claims on cereal boxes without the risk of litigation and fines. Even though competitors with larger market shares of the cereal industry use shady labeling practices, that doesn't mean every manufacturer should engage in unethical behavior.

For another example, consider the matter of quality control for a company that manufactures electronic components for computer servers. These components must ship on time, or the manufacturer of the parts risks losing a lucrative contract. The quality-control department discovers a possible defect, and every component in one shipment faces checks.

Unfortunately, the checks may take too long, and the window for on-time shipping could pass, which could delay the customer's product release. The quality-control department can ship the parts, hoping that not all of them are defective, or delay the shipment and test everything. If the parts are defective, the company that buys the components might face a firestorm of consumer backlash, which may lead the customer to seek a more reliable supplier.

What Is Business Ethics?​

Business ethics concerns ethical dilemmas or controversial issues faced by a company. Often, business ethics involve a system of practices and procedures that help build trust with the consumer. On one level, some business ethics are embedded in the law, such as minimum wage, insider trading restrictions, and environmental regulations. On the other hand, business ethics can be influenced by management behavior, with wide-ranging effects across the company.

What Is an Example of Business Ethics?​

Consider an employee who is told in a meeting that the company will face an earnings shortfall for the quarter. This employee also owns shares in the firm. It would be unethical for the employee to sell their shares since they would be subject to insider information. Alternatively, if two large competitors came together to gain an unfair advantage, such as controlling prices in a given market, this would raise serious ethical concerns.

Some of them or let me say the very good ones that at there to provide you with the best goods and services but most of them don't care as far as you pay them their money.

The company that I presently work with have a very good attitude that they consider customer complains and attitude very good. We try to use this feedback to make the company even more better.

Leisure and Hospitality
Whoever coined the term “staycation” is likely sick of their own concept by now. The global pandemic has created a staycation that looks more like Groundhog Day than anything else. Unfortunately, this extended quarantining means a significant impact on the leisure and hospitality industry. Hotels and rental car companies are suffering massive declines in revenue.

Writing "letters of complaint" is a favourite homework task for students. How often have you written one in real life? Do businesses in your society take them seriously?
I have had to a letter of complaint once.
The response was a positive one.
I believe that most businesses, especially thriving ones in my society do take letters of complaint seriously.
They would not want anything ruin their image.

Yes the do but the complaint hadly gets to them only in a case where a big shot in the country makes the complaint that is when things really are done.

Business owners should take complaints seriously in order to thrive, in my area and where I work complaints are taken seriously
Kudos to you guys. I wish it was same every where. I don't know why customer care play down people complaint. If the can't solve it they should simply state it

Yes most business take complaint seriously in where i live, not all though. They ought to take complaint very serious if not they will lose customers

Frankly speaking, i do not think businesses take complain seriously where I live. I get to see that most of the businesses around my area just treat the complaint with kid gloves and do nothing about it

The private businesses and companies take complaints seriously, they try to correct if they believe they have faulty products and services, but that's not happening with government's service and products.

Normally, businesses are not supposed be angry or ignore complaints, whether from their customers or not. This is because not all complaints are bad ones as there are the ones that can help correct the errors in the business for even more success. It is just my opinion.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds