Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do Bosses Have The Right To Interfere In Personal Lives Of Employees?

Good-Person

Captain Junkie
Credits
We all have a professional life and we also have personal lives. We have to keep both of them apart from each other and make sure that we do not mix them. However, sometimes, a boss might try to interfere in personal lives of people and this could be noticed sometimes. So, what is your take on this?

Advertisement Placeholder
No they don't. The only thing the employee needs to know is that you can expect the best from him and if their family or personal life should be a hindrance then they should consider quitting on time.

Employers do not have the right to interfere personal life of their staff. In our home country, there are laws against bad treatment of the workforce by bosses. If found guilty, they can be removed from their position or even ousted from the company.

I've never seen or heard it happen in any working environment. Employers won't make the mistake of putting themselves in difficult situation for doing anything like such because they know there are laws against it which will force them to pay a lot damages.

I've never seen or heard it happen in any working environment. Employers won't make the mistake of putting themselves in difficult situation for doing anything like such because they know there are laws against it which will force them to pay a lot damages.

I do not think that an employer has the right to do sol. However, it is much recommended for an employer to never drag personal matters into business, even if such matters are directly related to business. Employer must discuss this thing privately with the employee and sort out things in a peroper manner.

I do not think that an employer has the right to do sol. However, it is much recommended for an employer to never drag personal matters into business, even if such matters are directly related to business. Employer must discuss this thing privately with the employee and sort out things in a peroper manner.

Personal life issues remains outside what the company will or should be involved in. They can meddle in it unless the worker invites them into it and if they are wise, most times they should refuse to be involved because of unknown repercussions.

I do not think a boss has the right to interfere in the private life of his employees except he is invited to do so or help out. He is only permitted to interfere in the professional life of the employees if he noticed any..

We all have a professional life and we also have personal lives. We have to keep both of them apart from each other and make sure that we do not mix them. However, sometimes, a boss might try to interfere in personal lives of people and this could be noticed sometimes. So, what is your take on this?

I will say yes, when the personal life start to interfere with the office life. Let's say a worker that start to sleep in the office place will show that the boss should have to talk with the staff involved. Anything that will make the work not to go fine should be tackled as soon as possible to ensure productivity at the workplace.

I will say yes, when the personal life start to interfere with the office life. Let's say a worker that start to sleep in the office place will show that the boss should have to talk with the staff involved. Anything that will make the work not to go fine should be tackled as soon as possible to ensure productivity at the workplace.

I think that this is also one of the main reasons why every workplace must have a counsellor who addresses such kind of issues. We must remember that we are working with real humans. We humans have emotions and we feel pain. So, the counsellor could help a worker who may be suffering from problems.

I think that this is also one of the main reasons why every workplace must have a counsellor who addresses such kind of issues. We must remember that we are working with real humans. We humans have emotions and we feel pain. So, the counsellor could help a worker who may be suffering from problems.

The boss can work as a counsellor in some situations especially where they are unable to hire a professional in that field. Having a counsellor is good as that will act as the link between the boss and the rest of the staff. The main aim is to ensure that work is going on perfectly okay in the workplace.

There is no way my boss have any right or power to interfere with my personal life because it doesn't have anything to do with the work I'm doing for his business. I would never give him the opportunity to interfere with my personal life and whenever he feels like he can do that, it is either I sue him or I leave the job.

I think it is misplaced priority for any manager to interfere in the private life of their employees without any invitation. Also workers are not supposed to showcase their private or personal life within the working environment..

Not at all. Your employer has no say what you do with your personal life.

Of course, if you act like a bad person in your personal life, that might come back to bite you, but for the most part employers have no say how you live your life. But how you live your life could result in you losing the job. So keep that in mind.

Not at all. Your employer has no say what you do with your personal life.

Of course, if you act like a bad person in your personal life, that might come back to bite you, but for the most part employers have no say how you live your life. But how you live your life could result in you losing the job. So keep that in mind.

I would also never interfere in anyone's personal life at all. I think that this is a personal matter and I would never interfere in someone's personal life. However, what if an employee himself or herself discuss such kind of issues with you? What would you do under such circumstances?
There is no way my boss have any right or power to interfere with my personal life because it doesn't have anything to do with the work I'm doing for his business. I would never give him the opportunity to interfere with my personal life and whenever he feels like he can do that, it is either I sue him or I leave the job.

Also workers are not supposed to showcase their private or personal life within the working environment..

You're very correct with this assessment. Whatever you didn't make a public knowledge, there's no way others of your colleagues or even your boss or manager is going to be aware of it and not to talk about getting involved with it. So, it's all on the worker to put his or her dirty clothes outside.

You're very correct with this assessment. Whatever you didn't make a public knowledge, there's no way others of your colleagues or even your boss or manager is going to be aware of it and not to talk about getting involved with it. So, it's all on the worker to put his or her dirty clothes outside.

There are many bosses who may try to justify interference by claiming that the personal problems of the employee are having a bad effect on the performance of a person. This is why they may try to get interfere a lot. I think this is why an employee must never make it appear as if personal problems are the main cause of poor performance.

The boss can work as a counsellor in some situations especially where they are unable to hire a professional in that field. Having a counsellor is good as that will act as the link between the boss and the rest of the staff. The main aim is to ensure that work is going on perfectly okay in the workplace.
If you need counselling, I would advice to seek for it outside. The reason why I give this advice is because human beings will take advantage of whatever you tell them. There are things you will tell your boss, tomorrow he will use it against you. It's 1% out of 100% will not use things you told them against you.

When people do not know about your private life I do not think they can contribute or make any input. But when you bring it to the open, anyone can advise you either rightly or wrongly..

When people do not know about your private life I do not think they can contribute or make any input. But when you bring it to the open, anyone can advise you either rightly or wrongly..

Exactly! It's the only way I know that a worker's private life will be interfered with by his or her boss because they have been invited and involved in it.

Your boss won't call you any day to start asking you things about your personal life or relationship at work. There's nothing that's going to bring about the talk.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds