Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do Bosses Have The Right To Interfere In Personal Lives Of Employees?

If you need counselling, I would advice to seek for it outside. The reason why I give this advice is because human beings will take advantage of whatever you tell them. There are things you will tell your boss, tomorrow he will use it against you. It's 1% out of 100% will not use things you told them against you.

This is why I believe that employers may not have the right to interfere with the personal lives of people. There are many counsellors who may help, but I think that they should not belong in the company other than career counsellors who have nothing to do with interfering with personal lives of people.

Advertisement Placeholder
If you need counselling, I would advice to seek for it outside. The reason why I give this advice is because human beings will take advantage of whatever you tell them. There are things you will tell your boss, tomorrow he will use it against you. It's 1% out of 100% will not use things you told them against you.

There was a time when I was discussing with my boss and I didn't know when I mentioned about being able to work online remotely to make some money for myself. There was a day they took it against me because I was using my smartphone at work when I was less busy and they just concluded that I was doing my own personal business at work.

There was a time when I was discussing with my boss and I didn't know when I mentioned about being able to work online remotely to make some money for myself. There was a day they took it against me because I was using my smartphone at work when I was less busy and they just concluded that I was doing my own personal business at work.
You should have disclosed that to your boss as it could mean that you are using your working and productive hours to do your own business. It normally bring envy in the workplaces..

This is typical example of what I was referring to. They will never look at you the same way they used to after you have told them secrets about yourself which you shouldn't have. Human beings are like this naturally. If you don't know, your ignorance will be taken advantage of.

The fact remains one's personal life has a way of interfering with work. A husband going through a bitter divorce will get to work on several occasions looking unhappy and disillusioned. If he is an emotional wreck who spent the whole night drinking just to run away from his sorrow, he'll get to work in the morning looking like an homeless dude.

A boss has the right to ask questions if he notices an employee is lagging behind or distracted. If not, an employee may derail the efforts of his or her colleagues when going through a trying time while the boss acts as if it's none of the company's business.

Luis Diaz's recent case is a typical example of his boss can handle personal matters. His parents were recently kidnapped. Despite the fact that he plays for one of the biggest teams in the world and collects some obscene wages, he was given permission to travel home to be with his family while his manager kept regular tabs on him.

In many cases, the bosses may think that they may have the right to interfere in personal matters when they think that those personal matters are the main reason when an employee is not performing well. I do not think that things work that way.

There is no way I am going to allow my boss to interfere with my personal life privacy because anything about my life is completely different and not associated with my working in any particular company. In a situation whereby my boss tries to force himself into my personal life, it is either I resign from the job or I sue him for breach of privacy.

There is no way I am going to allow my boss to interfere with my personal life privacy because anything about my life is completely different and not associated with my working in any particular company. In a situation whereby my boss tries to force himself into my personal life, it is either I resign from the job or I sue him for breach of privacy.

I think that the bosses do not have any right to do that, even if it has anything to do with the business itself. Personal matters should be solved quickly if they are interfering with the business, but that doesn't give bosses the right to interfere in such kind of matters.

I think that the bosses do not have any right to do that, even if it has anything to do with the business itself. Personal matters should be solved quickly if they are interfering with the business, but that doesn't give bosses the right to interfere in such kind of matters.

I have never seen any appointment letter that includes that the owner of the business have the right to interfere with the personal life of those who are working in his business or company. This is the reason why I can never allow that kind of thing to happen no matter whoever my boss thinks he is. I would definitely make him regret his actions by suing him and his company.

I have never seen any appointment letter that includes that the owner of the business have the right to interfere with the personal life of those who are working in his business or company. This is the reason why I can never allow that kind of thing to happen no matter whoever my boss thinks he is. I would definitely make him regret his actions by suing him and his company.

Well, there are many bosses that do interfere in lives. For example, an employee may need to take leave. The boss may ask why they may need leave. In the process, they could start asking personal questions and I think this is not a right thing to do.

Well, there are many bosses that do interfere in lives. For example, an employee may need to take leave. The boss may ask why they may need leave. In the process, they could start asking personal questions and I think this is not a right thing to do.

I don't believe that you will definitely have to tell your boss your personal life reasons why you needed to take a leave. If you are entitled to take a leave from your work, you can always apply for that leave to be approved by your boss. Unless you want to leave your work when you are not expected to, then you have to give a very valid explanation why you should be allowed to go.

I don't believe that you will definitely have to tell your boss your personal life reasons why you needed to take a leave. If you are entitled to take a leave from your work, you can always apply for that leave to be approved by your boss. Unless you want to leave your work when you are not expected to, then you have to give a very valid explanation why you should be allowed to go.

I think that in many cases, you may need to tell. You may not say that you need leave just for personal reasons. I think that it is fine to tell the main reason why you need to take leave. However, you do not need to go into details with your boss about it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds