Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Differences between Saving and investment

People tend to confuse the two words and use them interchangeably but they are two different words when using them in a context and they serve different purposes and play different roles in your financial strategy. Saving money refers to keeping money that you don’t spend. This money is usually used to meet some specific financial goals you are hoping to accomplish soon, such as making yourself less financially vulnerable in case of emergencies while Investment on the other hand refers to buying assets with the goal of earning more returns on your investment and, ultimately, growing your wealth. But, when you invest money, you generally take a bit of risk in exchange for a good return on your investments.

Advertisement Placeholder
There is a wide difference between the both. Saving is the money one has stashed away. With investment, it is the act of growing ones money.
[automerge]1611739757[/automerge]
There is a wide difference between the both. Saving is the money one has stashed away. With investment, it is the act of growing ones money.

Saving is keeping or storing a sum of money either gotten in excess of due to one form of labour for future use or in case of emergencies and investment is making use of extra money that one has in hand to benefit another company and at the end of the market you get your returns for introducing your capital to it. But as at now savings aren't that profitable especially when you're keeping the money yourself we tend to tap out of it when we're in dire need.

Absolutely, you're very right about this. There must be a reason and their reason doesn't always makes sense. The banks are really cashing big on us their customers, sometime last year I withdrawn all my money from my account and saved it on my luno NGN currency wallet and then I was afraid and gave it a second thought and moved it back to my account.
And funny enough there is nothing we can do about it because we all need to keep money in the banks one way or another, so we are at their mercy. Personally, I have more 5 different accounts with different banks, so anyone that messes up too much with my saved money, I move the funds to another bank and try them out.

The words 'Saving' and 'Investments' are sometimes used interchangeably by most folks.
The two words have some similarities but that doesn't make them the same.

"There's a popular saying that Savings are investments, but not all investments are savings"

Saving actually means keeping some amount of money aside to meet long or short-term needs which may not yield any profit and it attracts zero risk.

On the other Hand, investment means putting money into a business or venture to yield profits within a specific period with risks depending on the targeted roi.
  • Earning Money
  • Alike
Saving and investing often are
Different between savings and investments, there is alot different, also is better to invest than to save. Saving does not give gain or profit while investment give gain.
Saving and investing often are used interchangeably , but there is difference .. saving is setting aside money you don't spend now for emergencies or for future purchas and investing is buying assets such as stock , bonds and mutual funds with expectation that your investment will make money for you

The words 'Saving' and 'Investments' are sometimes used interchangeably by most folks.
The two words have some similarities but that doesn't make them the same.

"There's a popular saying that Savings are investments, but not all investments are savings"

Saving actually means keeping some amount of money aside to meet long or short-term needs which may not yield any profit and it attracts zero risk.

On the other Hand, investment means putting money into a business or venture to yield profits within a specific period with risks depending on the targeted roi.
In case of Saving money we can't get profit our money remain same untill and unless we don't use it so there is no risk of losing money but in investing money we can get profit but we can lose our money also but still invesment is better we have to take risk

In case of Saving money we can't get profit our money remain same untill and unless we don't use it so there is no risk of losing money but in investing money we can get profit but we can lose our money also but still invesment is better we have to take risk
I have never seen a saving account where your money remains the same over 1 month, not at least in my country Nigeria. If you have 10,000 Naira in your in the beginning of February, by the end of February, it will most likely be 9, 800 Naira based on charges I don't know where they are coming from. Banks sucks in my country big time.

Savings is the money you set aside for future use or in case of emergencies with no or minimal risk and the money can be access quickly while investment are set done to achieve long term goals.

Savings is the money you set aside for future use or in case of emergencies with no or minimal risk and the money can be access quickly while investment are set done to achieve long term goals.
There are also long term and short term investments. Everything depends on which one you choose and feel comfortable with based on the amount of money required for that particular project. Personally, I prefer long term investment because their pay out is a lot higher than short term investments.

People tend to confuse the two words and use them interchangeably but they are two different words when using them in a context and they serve different purposes and play different roles in your financial strategy. Saving money refers to keeping money that you don’t spend. This money is usually used to meet some specific financial goals you are hoping to accomplish soon, such as making yourself less financially vulnerable in case of emergencies while Investment on the other hand refers to buying assets with the goal of earning more returns on your investment and, ultimately, growing your wealth. But, when you invest money, you generally take a bit of risk in exchange for a good return on your investments.
Savings is short term while investment is long-term. Also, savings require lesser amount of capital compared to investment. Savings can be done frequently, one can create a savings challenge where you deposit the money in installments whereas this is not so in investments

Well experts use to say : savings are investments, but an investment is not savings. Investments is only better when you are sure of its gains, if not just save and meet your target. Both are very important. Save for the rainy day. Invest for a guaranteed tomorrow.
[automerge]1611758181[/automerge]
Well, experts use to say : savings are investments, but an investment is not savings. Investments is only better when you are sure of its gains, if not just save and meet your target. Both are very important. Save for the rainy day. Invest for a guaranteed tomorrow.

When talking about savings and investment there are some factors one should always consider. This factors are long and short term in mind in other to know the right investment to go for. Savings might not necessarily help out in the long run but investment would do.

Savings can be defind or describe as a way of keeping money that are not to be use immediately but for an emergency or for future purchase while investment can be describe as a way of buy asset such like bond,shares or good or commodity that can be resold and make more money.

Savings and investment to some extent want to be the same because there are some savings that can yield you a lot of profit like when you fixed your money in the bank. Moreso, savings take less risk whlie investment take more risk.

The difference between saving and investing is that any money u save have no possibilities of multiplicity but an investment will always create room for increment. An investment has a tendency of being beneficial to even ur family when u are gone unlike savings

In investments there's room for loss. When your saving your money can build up over time. Investments have room for where you can lose quite a bit. Your not always guaranteed to make money on investments. Rather other times you can make quite a bit, it's still a bit risky. Though if your wanting to buy something saving can work. But it's much harder to do then most people realize. Saving is hard for a lot of people but can be rewarding if you save enough.

The difference between saving and investing is that any money u save have no possibilities of multiplicity but an investment will always create room for increment. An investment has a tendency of being beneficial to even ur family when u are gone unlike savings

Investment and savings a similar however, they are very different. In investments, your money is working for you while in savings, your money is just kept somewhere its not working for you. In investments, you gain more money, in savings what you keep is what you get there is no addition.

Investment and savings a similar however, they are very different. In investments, your money is working for you while in savings, your money is just kept somewhere its not working for you. In investments, you gain more money, in savings what you keep is what you get there is no addition.
i they are two words of one soul as we can when a person do saving then he thinking to invest to get more profit and then he think save more in profit and do again in investment as people are doing in bitcoin hyip sites to get profit

Saving and investing often are used interchangeably, but there is a difference.

• Saving is setting aside money you don’t spend now for emergencies or for a future purchase. It’s money you want to be able to access quickly, with little or no risk, and with the least amount of taxes. Financial institutions offer a number of different savings options.
  • Investing is buying assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds or real estate with the expectation that your investment will make money for you. Investments usually are selected to achieve long-term goals. Generally speaking, investments can be categorized as income investments or growth investments.
  • Making a choice between either saving or investing will depend on your goal(s) for the money and your risk tolerance.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds