Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Did the new government policy on tax affect your business?

The new government policy on tax actually affected my business, but it is not that bad because I found a way to get more trafficking in my business.
[automerge]1618935883[/automerge]
Currently I do not have a business that involves employee. But I'm sure this will affect a lot of business especially business that have to work with a lot of people, say for example the catering business or an agro business.
I don't think the new government policy on tax will affect a business with much worker because the workers will have to pay for their own tax and the business will have to pay for his own tax, these are two different things.

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
Online businesses gets free from the absurd policy of the government. The government can hardly tell if the business exists or not. So it will be impossible to impose tax on such businesses

I don't have s business, but my friends who are doing online businesses are suffering due to government's policy. Government does not allow paypal and crypto payment. Therefore, my friends are facing dificulties in selling online.

The government recently released another memorandum that all private firms should pay tax for each staff that works for each firm. Just when you think you're safe, the government brings up new methods.

has this policy in any way affected you or your business?
The new tax proposed by the united state as had bad effect on crypto currency in general... And investors use this as a business which is affecting miss of them due to the new rules on them

The new tax proposed by the united state as had bad effect on crypto currency in general... And investors use this as a business which is affecting miss of them due to the new rules on them
We're yet to know the full effect on the recent tax update of Biden to know if it has more advantage or disadvantage but anywhich way nothing can stop crypto, history is a proof of that

Generally no business person I happy when they hear the word tax in Nigeria because tax payers money are been misused and misappropriated so nobody is really happy with tax, so it affect me aswel.

Tax cuts are reductions in taxes paid on income, profits, sales, or assets. Obama Tax Cuts, Types, and How They Work. It's a popular form of expansionary fiscal policy.

Yes, it has affected so many businesses now, but j think the new policy that government has giving regrading the tax for business is the better of the future.

The government recently released another memorandum that all private firms should pay tax for each staff that works for each firm. Just when you think you're safe, the government brings up new methods.

Every thing about government always in one way or the other affects the poor masses, most business organisation are told to pay hefty tax according to their business.

Every thing about government always in one way or the other affects the poor masses, most business organisation are told to pay hefty tax according to their business.
Honestly, makes you question what the real motive of the government is, they just keep establishing rules that won't always favor the masses, imagine a hustler avoiding the government, but still invade his small business with high tax.

I run a very small scale business and by indication I'm still shielded against the tax policy. Though I've registered my business with Federal inland revenue but as a small business i have the grace of reporting zero revenue.

Charging tax to the workers isn't wring that's a way to generate funds to satisfy them well and provide best services, and improve infrastructural development and enable them go to work safely.

The firm i work in is a very small firm and i haven't been too affected by the policy ,so its not really affecting my business for now

Definitely the new government policy is really affecting my business at the moment. For now we've been instructed to start paying some monthly rent tax on the shop we are using for out goods and services in the neighborhood and this has not been easy at all

I live in a Tier 3 country and the government of my country has imposed heavy taxes on the business community and even real estate developers. So yes, the government's tax policies have had a huge impact on the businesses in my country. The daily expenses are being rasied almost every month and I really do not know how will people be able to cope with this problem.

Paying of taxes is not a bad idea but increased taxes can be very burdensome for business owners and the government should not be in a hurry to implement very harsh policies because the economy was greatly affected negatively by the pandemic and business are just recovering very slowly.
Most agricultural sectors are not always affected by government policies because it is part of the main projects the government is canvassing and encouraging more people especially youths to be fully involved in?

When I had my retailing business there was a change in the policy of taxation. Instead of the annual report like the individual income tax, the business tax required a report and payment every 3 months. Besides, it is tax on gross so there are no more deductions allowed for the exemptions. It was hard at first but after a year the business owners got used to it.

No such policy has been passed in my country. I can imagine how hard it is for the business owners. Many will resolve to employing only a few employess so as to avoid paying so much taxes.

Concerning your question on if the government new tax policy stating that all private firms should pay take for their employess affects me or my business, well the truth is no, because I am not in a business that involves employees currently

I think tax should be paid by looking towards the progress of your country. We shouldn't take it as a burden. Government make policies according to the requirements of the country. But what government should do is that, send teams for audit and check and balance system should be applied on all the companies before taking tex from them according to their incomes. It will make the tex system better and satisfied too.

I think tax should be paid by looking towards the progress of your country. We shouldn't take it as a burden. Government make policies according to the requirements of the country. But what government should do is that, send teams for audit and check and balance system should be applied on all the companies before taking tex from them according to their incomes. It will make the tex system better and satisfied too.
Tax is a civic obligation for every citizen of a country but it is also the duty of the government to be transparent to the citizens as to how the tax is being utilized.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds