Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Defining unique content for online communities

Screenshot_85.png
If you've been following my Snippets, you'd know that I'm always yapping about how crucial it is to create content for your website if you want your online community to soar high. And let's face it, this is especially true during the early days when you're still trying to get your community up and running.

Unique content is key

To be honest, there's content of all kinds and while it's hard to provide top quality – unique content at all times, it's still something you need to strive for. It's easy to pop up meaningless content, but it won't make your site any better than your competition. Go for unique, go for quality. Be better than your competition.

Content is key is no longer valid. It's no longer sufficient having a lot of content. That same content is elsewhere, it's everywhere. What you need, is a reason for your audience to come back. Think about it, why would someone visit your website if they can find the same content somewhere else?

Defining unique content for online communities

The holy grail of online content creation. Unique content is like a beautiful woman – who everyone wants to be with. It's original, high-quality content that can't be found anywhere else on the web. It's like a fingerprint – it's unique to your website and cannot be duplicated.

So why is unique content so important? For starters, search engines like Google love it. When your website has original content, it provides value to users and is more likely to be shared and linked to by other sites. This can improve your search engine rankings and help you stand out from your competitors. Plus, unique content can help establish your website's brand identity and authority in your niche. Who doesn't want to be a thought leader, am I right?

But let's not forget about the most important part of any website – the visitors. Unique content can provide a better user experience for your visitors, as they are more likely to find information they cannot find anywhere else. And we all know that happy visitors = more returning visitors.

Now, I know creating unique content can be a challenge. But fear not, my friends! You've got plenty of ways to create original content that will make your website stand out. You can conduct original research, share personal experiences or insights, or create multimedia content like videos or infographics. Take advice from experts, interview them and publish that. And don't forget to regularly update and refresh your existing content to keep it unique and relevant.

Unique content is the key to making your website stand out from the crowd. So let's roll up our sleeves, get our creative juices flowing, and make some awesome content that will make our websites the talk of the town!

Your opinion

Do you agree with me about my opinion that content is no longer key? The fact that we have to publish unique content? What do you try to do on your website or forum to ensure your content is not found elsewhere? Are you having a hard time to come up with unique content?

Content is key, but the type of content is also key. The way to get unique content is to encourage members to speak about their own experiences and not just the basics. For example: Member EggZample goes to a site and asks the question, "When I updated this addon for my forum, I have noticed some incredible lag, what is causing this?" Your site now has a topic that can get some really engaging discussion as opposed to MissEggZample asking, "Laptop or PC?"

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest