Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Daylight savings time

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Does your country/state participate in Daylight savings time? My state does and I personally do not like it. I know it had it's place back in the day, since farmers could take advantage of the longer hours and more sunlight to get things done around the farm. These days though, farmers rely on huge lights to get them through dark nights, if their jobs weren't done during the day. For years politicians have been stating they were going to pass laws to remove this concept, but it's never passed. I know a few states in the US do not participate in Daylight Savings. Since it's March, we had to set our clocks an hour ahead so we'll be getting longer days but man I hate that I lost an hour of sleep last night. What are your thoughts on Daylight Savings Time?

I want to keep it and add a Super Daylight Savings that puts the clock forward an additional 3 hours so we have light at midnight.

Okay joking aside, I would like to just stay on standard time year around.

Yeah Daylight savings is pretty much useless these days. It just throws off your sleep pattern lol.
Talking about throwing off your sleeping pattern, today I woke up and hour before my alarm. :cautious::sleep:

I also find it useless. But my state does participate.

Last edited:
I like it being sunny further into the day, but time switches overall seem weird and somewhat irrelevant now.

We are the only state in Australia that doesn’t have DST and it is super frustrating. We are relatively close to the NSW border and often find conflicting times when booking things and calling business who use interstate call centers. Wish they would bring it here D:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest