Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Creating a facebook group for your forum?

Altair

Credits
Would you create a Facebook group for your forum.
Have you done this before? Would you do it? What are you thoughts?

I feel that Discord is a better way to create a group than Facebook.

Facebook can be a great way to promote your forum and engage with your community on a different platform. Which can help drive traffic to your forum and increase engagement among your community members. Discord can be a useful tool for building a sense of community and fostering a sense of belonging among your members.

However, it's important to keep in mind that a Facebook group or Discord is not a substitute for a forum, as a forum allows for more structured and organized conversations around a specific topic, whereas a Facebook group or Discord is more of a general space for socializing and sharing content.

That being said, I think Facebook started declining over a year ago, so Discord is a better choice.

I do have a Facebook group for my forum, but I haven't found it to be very useful, so I haven't posted in it in years :p .

(The board's Discord, on the other hand, is decently active - although I do try to make sure it doesn't get so active that it dominates the forum!)

Not a fan of Facebook Groups personally. I don't want to have to moderate that and then my own forum. It maybe good to do a page for your forum/site, though! It also may be useful for if the site/forum goes down randomly etc.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor