Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Companies that have influence in Government

A lot of companies have influence over the government because they can stand on their own and if the owner is very influencial and known worldwide then automatically they have an influence over the government

Advertisement Placeholder
Government policies and investments are a pervasive, important, and often positive influence on the business environment and economic development of any industrialized nation. The following are among the many government policies and actions affecting the business environment:

In my country, I can pinpoint one or two companies that has influence over the government. The name of such is dangote group of companies. The company would sell his products at any amount and the government would do nothing.

I see no reason why an individual policy should supercede that of the government,I feel it is government that doesn't understand their stand will allow someone supercede them

The government of a country should be the one that influences companies and businesses. However, a few major companies might have some influence over government policies. Some international companies can also have influence if the invest foreign exchange in the country and the government should agree to their terms and conditions to some extent.

The government of a country should be the one that influences companies and businesses. However, a few major companies might have some influence over government policies. Some international companies can also have influence if the invest foreign exchange in the country and the government should agree to their terms and conditions to some extent.
You have a point there but the reason why most companies have so much power to the point of being able to influence the government is because of the amount of resources they have access to in various sector, as long as the government benefits from them, they would not want to make policies that would affect them. You have heard of Dangote right? Dangote has so much power and influence because even the government borrows from him, tell me would the government want to offend such a person?

It usually happens in corrupt government regimes in my country there's an entrepreneur who is the richest in Africa whom the government Make policies to favour him
This is a very big problem. Most of them seek favors from him and they tend to make policies that would favour him as returns. Wonder what we can do to end this

There are alot of business companies, that has greater Influence in the government policies. this is because either those companies has played a vital role in the development of the economy, or the owners of those companies are the top officials of the government.

Yes corporations do have influence with the government, here in Nigeria dangotes company tends to dominate every business sector within the country.

A perfect example here in Nigeria is the Dangote Group Company and some other prominent companies where they have more say than the government establishment or agencies. Dangote group of company has often saved Nigeria as a whole many times like in food production, job creation and so on. So government can't dare them
We can not deny that the company have been a big employer of labour, but that does not mean they are above the law. It clearly shows bias by the government especially during the lockdown when they were allowed to export their produce and others weren't.

This year is an election year and usually the candidates get support from the companies particularly the big companies. When the candidate wins expect the big companies to get juicy projects. That is the name of the game here regarding influence with the government. It is the administration that is beholden to their campaign sponsors that provide the companies with the proper connection.

Facebook had an Issue with the us government a few years ago, but it was squabbled because of the power Facebook has amassed over the years.

Then Facebook has control over the government technically. Twitter also does.
I think it depends on the government and country because Nigerian government placed a ban on twitter so i would say that twitter doesn't have control over the government there.

Yes Twitter may not have influence on the Nigerian government after it was banned but other social media platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram does. The way the world is going, I think social media may be the next government one day.

There some companies over here which sponsor election of presidential candidates to win election. Such companies usually have influence on the candidate if he actually win election. They always government contract once it is available for the public.

This year is an election year and usually the candidates get support from the companies particularly the big companies. When the candidate wins expect the big companies to get juicy projects. That is the name of the game here regarding influence with the government. It is the administration that is beholden to their campaign sponsors that provide the companies with the proper connection.
You are right , during the election and campaigning time, the big companies normally support the candidate they think might win the election in every aspect thereby getting project contracts after the election,

Yes, there are cooperation who have great influence in the activities of the government even though they are public cooperation who are financial standard. Cooperation such as the NNPC in my country, etc.

There are some companies that sponsor presidential candidate in my country and some senators and other house of representative members. These people usually sponsor Bill for lawmakers and they are going to bribe them to push those bills.

Facebook had an Issue with the us government a few years ago, but it was squabbled because of the power Facebook has amassed over the years.

Then Facebook has control over the government technically. Twitter also does.
When we talk about companies that do have a high level of influence in the country, though these Social Media giants have some say to a particular but in terms of influence, I doubt they really have that much influence in political issues within the country.

We have so many companies here in my country and I haven't seen anyone which influence the government instead it's the government influencing them
As long as these companies are actually paying a lot of money to the government's accounts they always have influence over their decisions because the government will always look forward to doing business with them.

We have companies like that, that has influence over the government because the government cannot do without them , like you just said Dangote company is a very huge company that produce mostly everything.
In my country, I can pinpoint one or two companies that has influence over the government. The name of such is dangote group of companies. The company would sell his products at any amount and the government would do nothing.

Well, it is a fact that any company with a great amount of assets which influences the economic activities of the region usually have an influence in the government. Because the government would want to partner with such companies for the growth of the economy and other administrative matters.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds