Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Companies that have influence in Government

This is the root of monopoly in most business. They influence government to make rules with the sole aim of killing off competitors so they can remain

Advertisement Placeholder
The government can change the way businesses work and influence the economy either by changing its own spending or taxes

Do corporations have too much influence over government? Can you give examples of those companies that do?
For example, the number one company in my country that has much influence over the government is the Dangote group of companies because almost everything we are using down here in my country is been produced by his company.

Very true, these things you mentioned are things that well all both the government included cannot do without, each and every one of us make use of the internet and to access that we need a network provider, then Dangote has placed his hands on so many major business sectors
I believe the influence the poster means is more of political influence and also some level of leverage over the government. There are company owners that goes a long way to endorse people they see fit to rule

Yes, there at a lot of companies that have governmental influence especially in Africa were the have very corrupt government and government officials.

I believe the influence the poster means is more of political influence and also some level of leverage over the government. There are company owners that goes a long way to endorse people they see fit to rule
It is simply because we cannot do without them ( government included ) that is why they have some level of power in the political sector of the country.

Well I think there are alot if companies which has great form of influence over the country or the government affairs this is because of the general support ot most often offer to the growth and development of the government or in terms of it revenue generated to the government it will make it have influence in the affairs of.the government.

Well in this country there are few companies that have influence on the government and those companies are companies that are involved or sponsors them during the election.

Well some numbers of companies I think have great influence in the government this is because either the government official are the right owners of the company or they benefits from the company operation as shares holders that makes them to promote the interest of the company even in the national policy discussion.

They actually do. For instance Dangote Company virtually has monopoly in all spheres of businesses ranging from food to construction industry due to perceived favorable Government policies.

It usually happens in corrupt government regimes in my country there's an entrepreneur who is the richest in Africa whom the government Make policies to favour him
You mean Dangote? Everyone knows how government always favour him. He so powerful that government policies don't affect him. He always get special waviers while other similar business owners struggle.

He import and export goods freely while others go through a lot of bottleneck and bureaucracy just to do the same import and export. So why would he not be the richest when government have given him the special privilege and environment to strive in detriment of other entrepreneurs.

Every economy in the world has it own business mogul, to the extent that if this mogul have a slight financial crisis, it would definitely affect the economy of such country. It is in the best interest to protect such businesses and also to provide enabling environment for the smooth operation of such businesses.

I think there are some companies that has influence in government even government will not do without the companies too,

There are a couple of companies in my Country who have influence within the Government, such happens when officials of the Government are shareholders of such company, they tend to evade task, they do not follow safety rules (for Industries) as laid down by the Government, some even underpay the workers (below minimum wage set by the Government). These are acts of corruption.

There are certain large corporations that can draw government attention, and the majority of these companies are always owned by the people of a given country

There is a construction developer in my home country, who is also member of parliament. He uses is political connection to get construction contracts. Sadly, this guy has been building low quality projects without being fined by the government.
None of those businesses you mentioned don't have much influence on the government as Dangote group. Few weeks ago, MTN network was interrupted for 5 hours and nothing happens to the Nigerian government except the subscribers to the network. Etisalat left Nigeria and nothing happens to the people in government. But if Dangote group decided to lay off some workers, the government in Nigeria will feel the impact.

There is a construction developer in my home country, who is also member of parliament. He uses is political connection to get construction contracts. Sadly, this guy has been building low quality projects without being fined by the government.

Such kind of builders and developers are also found in my country also. There is a businessman and an industrialist who is also much influential in my country and he has made many such kinds of prjects and he has been involved in many criminal activities.

Do corporations have too much influence over government? Can you give examples of those companies that do?
It seems that some companies do have that much power, not directly but indirectly as a result of how much they actually contribute to the economy. I don't feel it's a bad thing unless it affects the general populace.

Big business have a tremendous influence in the government because they frequently donate to the election campaigns for politicians. If the candidate they donated wins the election and becomes the part of the government, businesses also profit.

The impact of the government cannot be emphasized. Looking at the way the government works, they should be ashamed of scheming people's hard-earned money just to satisfy their pockets. Just a handful of business owners have a say against the government

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds