Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Communicating with your team

Strawberry

Addicted member
Retired Staff
Credits
I'm interested to know what you think is the most effective way of communicating with your staff members. I think it's important for all of your team to be kept in the loop and to know about what is currently happening on the forum and any future projects planned.

Do you ask that they set aside a small portion of time every week/month to attend a short team meeting, or do you have a WhatsApp/Telegram/Other group chat where you can chat on an ongoing basis? Or is it simply just a case of have a private staff board on your forum where important updates are posted between staff members?

Besides a staff forum, I find Discord to be working really well in contacting staff members. All depends on how frequently you need to contact the staff and how important or quick you need them to respond.

Besides a staff forum, I find Discord to be working really well in contacting staff members. All depends on how frequently you need to contact the staff and how important or quick you need them to respond.

I haven’t really used Discord before, so I’m a total novice here, someone may need to give me lessons! What about Discord do you find makes it convenient for you and your team?

I haven’t really used Discord before, so I’m a total novice here, someone may need to give me lessons! What about Discord do you find makes it convenient for you and your team?
It’s basically an easy chat room. I do suggest you make an account and join up Admin Junkies’s Discord to find out for yourself. It’s not to replace the forum at all, but it’s easy for some chat and we have a bot posting all new threads and posts automatically in a channel. It’s easy to connect as well on mobile to be aware of everything at all times.

I definitely agree that staff forums and the likes of Discord are the best way to keep in contact with your staff members. With Discord being on mobile, it probably won't be necessary to share each other's phone numbers like in the past where you may have needed to contact the administrator via phone for spam attacks, DDoS attacks, and whatnot.

Staff forums and Discord is the best way to stay in touch with staff members and people.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor