Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common mistakes that cost jobs opportunities 1

Estherific

Credits
Hard Truth: Your good résumé is never enough to get the job you want.

I've screened résumés (manually & via the ATS) and conducted countless interviews for years and observed that a good number of times, individuals do not match their résumés. This is mostly revealed during the interview process where candidates show up unprepared.
Common mistakes that cost Job Opportunities.

1. Showing up late: This happens even during virtual Interviews. I've experienced candidates show up after almost 30minutes of the scheduled time. That's a red flag.

Advertisement Placeholder
Another mistake often made by job seekers is putting what they cant defend on their resume. Now, during interview section questions are asked on such information printed on the CV but unfortunately, candidate is unable to answer .Its either they start blabing or say something completely different.

Yes, you are right of you said. This is common mistake doing by many job seekers, they would come late to fixing time for interview, some of job seekers will still right what they can not defend on their CV. Over confidence and can also make interviewee loose an opportunity.

Absolutely, when someone went there after interview call, he may be more confident or low confident person that both things lead him to failure. Even they can't defend there scores or resume, similarly CV. This thing costs mostly.

This is why I really don't like jobs because there are too much rules to abide to...rules are not convenient to some people and this why they fail big time during interviews and all. When you're seeking for a job,it has to be something you love doing,if not you won't give your best

This happened to my nephew 2 years ago. He was happily employed in the 3rd biggest bank in our country. He applied for a job in another bank. He was offered a higher position and bigger salary. I was against it because the bank ranks lower than his present employer and I was wary of the job. He did not know that an Account Officer is like a salesman who finds big depositors. Before he reached 5 months he was asked to resign because he was not able to find even 1 big depositor (it is usually a company). Now he has been jobless for more than year.

Hard Truth: Your good résumé is never enough to get the job you want.

I've screened résumés (manually & via the ATS) and conducted countless interviews for years and observed that a good number of times, individuals do not match their résumés. This is mostly revealed during the interview process where candidates show up unprepared.
Common mistakes that cost Job Opportunities.

1. Showing up late: This happens even during virtual Interviews. I've experienced candidates show up after almost 30minutes of the scheduled time. That's a red flag.

In fact, resumes are not entirely the key to qualifying for a job. In my country, multiple applications are received, but the personal interview with the potential employee is what leads to decision-making. Responsibility, presence, and performance are essential to accepting or denying the applicant entry into employment. Therefore, punctuality is recommended at the time of the interview.

Most job seekers fails right from writing of their CV to writing of the letter of application,your CV is very important as well as your application it plays a vital role in your interviews,don't write or attach what you can not defend.your appearance and attitude also goes a long way, punctuality is also important.

Human resources professionals and attorneys spend hours creating and revising application forms. Leaving fields blank leaves the hiring manager with less information about you than he or she has about other candidates.

Much like neglecting the application form’s directions, leaving fields blank shows a lack of attention to detail. Tossing incomplete applications is an easy way for a hiring manager to cut down the number of applications that must be considered.

The most common mistake that cost job seekers from getting the job they applied for is having a bad CV. If the CV is not well planned and prepared it may deter them from getting the job they applied for even if they qualify for the job. Another one is not having adequate experience for the job.

I think a common mistake that costs job seekers their opportunity is mode of presentation. There's a saying that first impression matters a lot so while attending interviews the dress code is the most important you have to give the interviewers a good first impression also mode of approach and communication most people fail to answer questions right and fidget while answering questions which does not help in an interview.

Not doing enough research and inquiry on the organization - read recent articles and official statements, think about ongoing item dispatches, or moves in top authority, comprehend what significant moves their rivals have made, know whether they have done any new acquisitions. What's more, consider how those things could influence the division and job that you are meeting for.

Common mistakes that cost job opportunities,
1) Not making eye contact
2) Not doing research
3)Being late
4)Not asking questions
5)Playing with your phone
6) Lying.

This are the things that can disqualified one from getting a job.

The truth is that I would rather not attend the interview and reschedule than arrive to the venue late. One other thing that could cost a job is not being attentive enough to give appropriate answers and not looking presentable enough.

You are definitely right, more seriousness should be dedicated not only to interviews but all scheduled meetings, arrival at 30mins before the scheduled time is a plus. Some candidates do not appear well dressed according to the few interviews i have experienced and i noticed that some of them cannot even perform well in written interviews, I hope we all learn from these mistakes.

This is an interesting thread. Punctuality is very important, especially if it is about a job, not to mention being interviewed for a job.

Though I wonder how the interviewers judge their applicants. I'm asking because someday I will apply for a job and I usually get nervous at these things.

This is very true and it is actually what is happening today.
People lack absolute truth in them and this has actually made them to lose opportunities they would ordinarily have gotten on platter of gold.

I do not know nor can I think of any good reasons why a candidate will have a wrong information of them represented on their resume and they cannot defend it when interview arrives nor can they even show competence if they're offered the job. Candidates see their new jobs as an already established ground and do the job anywhere they please. They arrive late, relate negatively with other old employees and they feel relaxed with no enthusiasm to show their employers they're really worth the chance taken on them.

I think a candidate should be looking at matching his CV with the ATS system. Issues like late coming shows that the candidate is not too keen on the job search. If I am a HR and I see any candidate that comes late for an interview, I would be grossly disappointed.
[automerge]1611061200[/automerge]
I think a candidate should be looking at matching his CV with the ATS system. Issues like late coming shows that the candidate is not too keen on the job search. If I am a HR and I see any candidate that comes late for an interview, I would be grossly disappointed.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds