Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Common mistakes that cost jobs opportunities 1

People tend to blow the opportunity of getting a job because of desperation. They want to find every means to please the prospective employer in order to get the job at all cost. Hence, CVs are exaggerated and things that one can't even try to do are inserted as being a professional in them in their CV

Advertisement Placeholder
Another mistake often made by job seekers is putting what they cant defend on their resume. Now, during interview section questions are asked on such information printed on the CV but unfortunately, candidate is unable to answer .Its either they start blabbing or say something completely different.

Hard Truth: Your good résumé is never enough to get the job you want.

I've screened résumés (manually & via the ATS) and conducted countless interviews for years and observed that a good number of times, individuals do not match their résumés. This is mostly revealed during the interview process where candidates show up unprepared.
Common mistakes that cost Job Opportunities.

1. Showing up late: This happens even during virtual Interviews. I've experienced candidates show up after almost 30minutes of the scheduled time. That's a red flag.
There are so many things that might cost one a job opportunity. Showing up late for interviews be it virtual or physical is one. How you are dressed for these interviews also matters as we are addressed as we are dressed.

I've really been enlightened from the post. This platform has really given me the opportunity to learn and know people's views on matters like this. Much appreciation to the person behind the idea of this platform.

Apart from the above mentioned factors, most job seekers do not have what it takes to backup the certificate or level, their resumes portray them to have acquired. Not all graduates are graduate

Lack of adequate preparation mostly is the cause of losing a job opportunity. Many people think that going for an interview doesn't require anything other than the CV, this is a grave mistake. As an applicant who is being called for an interview in an organization you need to find out everything about the organization. This shows that you take much interest in the organization and you're ready to work with them.

Common mistakes like reporting to the interview late, dressing indecent to the interview, your qualifications below standard are some problems that cost us not to get jobs even though you may have the opportunity.

common mistakes are
Being too narrow in your search. ...
Trusting first impressions. ...
Lacking transparency. ...
Having an unclear hiring policy. ...
Forgetting to highlight culture. ...
Neglecting social media. ...
Falling behind the technology.

So the first mistake that I see many people do, is that young graduates sometimes are not really understanding their task. If they get their task they're not really making sure that they're a hundred percent aware of what is expected from them. And this is of course pretty bad, because if you do not understand why you're doing something, if you do not fully understand what you're doing, it is very difficult for you to really get that job down in the best way possible.

A well detailed CV or resume may not be enough to land a great job, this days, employers look and expect more from job seekers than what is on their certificates. Asides the interview etiquette mentioned in the post, I think it is good for a good seeker to have additional vocational skills, it gives them an edge over others seeking the same job.

Some of the common mistakes that can cost a job seekers the job opportunity include but not limited to: not paying attention to instructions based on the job description, not keeping to the time and also mistakes on CV

This is why I really don't like jobs because there are too much rules to abide to...rules are not convenient to some people and this why they fail big time during interviews and all. When you're seeking for a job,it has to be something you love doing,if not you won't give your best
Most of the common mistakes are due to lack of better understanding about the rules and regulations of the organization, also it might be due to insufficient preparation for the work or for the organization.

There are some weird reason that can make someone lose a job opportunity. I saw a post where someone said he was not given a job simply because the employer thinks he is overqualified, probably they felt they might not able to pay him.

People tend to blow the opportunity of getting a job because of desperation. They want to find every means to please the prospective employer in order to get the job at all cost. Hence, CVs are exaggerated and things that one can't even try to do are inserted as being a professional in them in their CV
I'm a victim to these. It came to a time I was over selling myself. Sometimes I put things that I plan to learn but haven't actually acquired the skills. I got fed up and stop doing it completely. Now I just state my sure skills in which I'm competent in

Different jobs different rules what employer A sees as mistakes employer B might loves it. Some jobs prefer you to write your biography why some doesn't care about it, some want to see your referees on your CV why some doesn't care about it as well. The most important thing in curriculum vitae is your ability to defend it to the satisfaction of the interviewer.
[automerge]1611856629[/automerge]
Different jobs different rules what employer A sees as mistakes employer B might loves it. Some jobs prefer you to write your biography why some doesn't care about it, some want to see your referees on your CV why some doesn't care about it as well. The most important thing in curriculum vitae is your ability to defend it to the satisfaction of the interviewer.

As for me you have to be truthful so you won't lose your job and bad records also will make you lost your job because nobody will never accept such person because nothing they can't do and such person will cost the company to go on bank cropped because he can destroy the company

There are so many factors or mistakes that cost one job opportunities....out of many is
TIME FACTOR OR PUNCTUALITY
when I say time of being punctual...it has to do with when you av been given appointment for an interview...it is better for u to arrive 30minutes earlier to d stated time to avoid u being late and thereby you lossing d job

Absolutely, when someone went there after interview call, he may be more confident or low confident person that both things lead him to failure. Even they can't defend there scores or resume, similarly CV. This thing costs mostly.
Yes you are right. A man should be confident bit not over. Low level confidence is also a problem.
While selecting for a job they check your degrees, your attitude and attention. These things must be clear.

it is said that to error is human. so doing mistakes is the natural thing among the human beings but learning from mistakes is the symbol of good and nice person. We should learn from our mistakes something.

There are some little things that we do not count to be serious when seeking for job that could lead to loss of the job. Most of these mistakes are inability to prepare a detailed CV, inappropriate dressing to interview above all,late coming.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds