Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Choosing fonts

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Choosing a font for me is one of the hardest things to do when you're designing, getting the right font can be crucial to a piece so picking that right one is the hardest decision I make in any piece. How do you pick the right one for your work?

As I tend to be a fan of modern/sleek designs I like to go for mildy futuristic text at times so I always have a few I know take my fancy at the ready and then I just see how it works with the effects I add.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't give too much thought to the fonts I'm using, because I tend to stick with the 'standard' ones such as Tahoma, Calibri, Arial and Sans-Serif. However it's a different story when it comes to logos where sometimes I spend an hour or two searching for the right font.

Lately I've been trying to limit my font selection to what is available on Google Web Fonts as well as Font Squirrel. Both of these sites offer fonts that are completely free to use as web fonts embedded directly into your web pages. This is particularly useful for SEO purposes since you don't need to rely on text graphics as much any more. But in the rare instances you do need them, it's nice to have some cohesion between the graphical text and the live text.

In addition, Google Web Fonts also offers suggested font pairings. There are many independent blogs out there as well that have suggestions from established designers.

I focus on only two things when i design. First, i try to get a website easily readable. Second, i try to make my websites load fastest as possible. So, i try to use font that is already available on client computer. I either use ubuntu font or arial with serif as fallback!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds