Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Career or Hobby?

You can certainly make a career out of it, in a variety of ways. Many businesses have in house graphics departments to handle all of their slide shows, their print ads and publications, as well as all their graphical work for their web site itself. Or you can get hired by an internet marketing agency as part of their in house graphics team and get a ton of great work experience and learnings from your peers along the way.

Even if you go at it alone, look at sites like the Envato network, there are individuals on there making a killing selling thousands of copies of various things. You can see how many of a given product has sold and some of those have sold like 20 thousand copies at like $50 a pop, do the math.

Advertisement Placeholder
I loved graphics, but never got a decent course in college to get started. And then my focus shifted to web design and development. However, I did get started on Adobe Photoshop and now Illustrator because of the demands from the projects I had. Sometimes it was a logo, sometimes some vector, and slowly I didn't shy away from handling graphics projects.

However, I would still mark it as a hobby because I didn't really go for any formal training. It's just an added benefit for those who hire me, so they don't have to hire someone else for any graphics work.

I do know some people that are graphic designers, it's tougher then you might think but if you enjoy it you will pull through. I just do it as a hobby and for my needs. I don't know if I might get into the area.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds