Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Career in graphics?

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Has anyone here considered looking at graphics as a career in later life? I am considering it but not as a full time career, maybe on a freelance basis so that I can do it when I want to but you never know where the future leads do you? I may be studying Graphics next year and if i like it, I may even study it further.

Advertisement Placeholder
No, but only because I'm not the best at design and I have no doubt I will never be- although I could become quite good!! I think the money is better when you start designing websites, logos and campaigns for businesses i.e. you get your customers offline.

No, but only because I'm not the best at design and I have no doubt I will never be- although I could become quite good!! I think the money is better when you start designing websites, logos and campaigns for businesses i.e. you get your customers offline.

Anyone can become quite good, thats what I love about GFX, it gives ordinary joes like myself a chance at doing something cool, haha. The money is godlike if you design websites and stuff though, godlike. xD

No, never! I can't even get a matching colour!
I don't think I will ever be good at this!

I'm with you on that one mate but there is a good tool for helping people choose colors. I could give you it if you like. :)

I'm not that good at graphics, but for my first year of High School I'm going to take an elective called 'Studio in Computer Graphics'. It'll be fun, especially since I have the entire Adobe Master Collection sitting at my fingertips.

I have minimal graphic skills, make graphics for Respawn Gamers and such, but I don't go out with magnificent graphics and such

That's what I'm striving for. Planning on getting a job soon other than the part time stuff I do for some more cash, get a better computer, get enough money to host a site, portfolio, all that stuff. Once CS6 comes out officially I might buy it too.

It's really a career I'd love, but I don't have the skills.. who knows? If I improve enough, I could just do some freelance work that would hopefully branch into something bigger.

It's really a career I'd love, but I don't have the skills.. who knows? If I improve enough, I could just do some freelance work that would hopefully branch into something bigger.
You might not have the skills now, but I was in your exact same spot not long ago. Just tutorials tutorials tutorials and just keep playing with it and you could be great! Maybe I should open that forum just to make you awesome at it. :p

You might not have the skills now, but I was in your exact same spot not long ago. Just tutorials tutorials tutorials and just keep playing with it and you could be great! Maybe I should open that forum just to make you awesome at it. :p

Yes! I'll probably just be on Photoshop and mess around for ages to improve my skills.

Don't be so modest, your work is top notch; I would swear you had some sort of godly given gift.
I've always been interested in art, started drawing at a young age. I could draw so well back then I could draw Goku off of Dragonball Z PERFECTLY then color him in. Now it's mostly photoshop but I think with my background in art (all throughout school the art teachers complimented me and all that fun stuff) it makes me have a step over some designers? I dunno. That and I've spent a lot of hours plugged into the damn program. :p

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds