Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🖼️ Graphics Can anyone point me to a forum which has some graphics by some of their forum categories?

Discussions related to graphics for web design, like icons and images.

DigNap15

Credits
Can anyone point me to a forum which has some graphics by some of their forum categories?

I have a Xenforo forum just about out of the box.

I want to add some small graphics to one or two of my forum categories

Is this possible, (without buying a theme) and can someone point me to a forum that has this so I can see what it looks like

Thanks

Can anyone point me to a forum which has some graphics by some of their forum categories?
You need to clarify this request a bit.
Are you referring to the read/unread node icons?

Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 8.49.37 PM.png

This may help

Or are you talking about the actual background of the node area?
I think at one time this code worked for XF for the node area... not sure if it still does or not (you will have to also play with styling via CSS the image I'm sure)
.node--id2{background: url(https://domain.com/path_to_your_image.png);} where node-id2 is the ID of the node you are wanting to use it on.
Is this possible, (without buying a theme)
Either one is possible without purchasing a style... you just need to clarify which you are trying to do.

Last edited:
Thanks for that
I was hoping to put a small square graphic by the category title to draw attention to it

Changing the background of the node area would be OK as well

I'd like to see some examples or

I'd like to be able to set up a dummy sandpit to I can test these things - but it seems to be so hard.

I was hoping to put a small square graphic by the category title to draw attention to it
You should be able to do so using that second example and extending the CSS with something like .node--id2 .node-title:before {background: url(https://domain.com/path_to_your_image.png);}, you may have to use background-image.
Why not simply use your node descriptions and have them in a popup mode? You can use HTML in them.

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 4.45.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 4.45.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 4.45.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-10-19 at 4.47.34 AM.png

If you start putting images besides them, it will get cluttered from my view... you have a read/unread icon then an image there also?
As for setting up a test site.. it's not that hard... you simply create a test domain off your primary then secure it with .htaccess. Other than that, it's the same as installing XenForo the first time. You can even export your current style and then import it and work with it there.
Depending on your hosting environment, it will use up another database slot and file space.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor