Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can an ordinary person invest in oil business?

One thing about Investment in general is that the occupation of the individual does not really matter anyone can make an investment on any sector as long as you have the capital and some amount of knowledge of how the investment works.

Advertisement Placeholder
The oil and gas business is actually a business that requires a lot of capital in order to start. If you will want to invest in it as an ordinary person then the best way to do it is to buy shares.

As an individual, if you have huge amount of money to invest in the oil Business I don't think anybody can stop you from doing that. The thing is to have your business capital and with that you are goi to go

One thing about Investment in general is that the occupation of the individual does not really matter anyone can make an investment on any sector as long as you have the capital and some amount of knowledge of how the investment works.
A friend who invested in a gasoline station resigned from his job. We advised him to hire a manager for the gas station so he could continue his office job. But he was adamant on resigning. After 10 months he closed the gas station due to bankruptcy. He had no job either.

Their is option we call black market here in my country, you'll need to buy from the petrol station and come back to resell.it in the road side and earn money. That's the option for poor people to get going with.

A friend who invested in a gasoline station resigned from his job. We advised him to hire a manager for the gas station so he could continue his office job. But he was adamant on resigning. After 10 months he closed the gas station due to bankruptcy. He had no job either.
This is a perfect example why I said as long as you have some knowledge about what you are investing in. If you don't have the Knowledge, hire a consultant

I guess your definition of an ordinary person here centers on the pumping and drilling of oil aspect of the business. This is an investment that requires a lot of cash to go into in the first place. You will need a lot of capital. Yes I know an individual can go into such business and also make good money too

Yes you can invest in the oil business especially the downstream oil sector. That way you can be a distributor or a retailer without having to spend big amounts of money.
Besides, I feel investing in renewable energy would be better than oil. The world in about 6-7 years from now wouldn't depend majorly on oil as a source of fuel

Why not. Ordinary person can start the business. All he needs to do is to get knowledge on how the business works and to connect to whoever he needs to connect to be able to do well in the business. Some people don't need to have the product but will be a medium between the buyer and the seller

The first rule for me is to not invest in what I don't understand well and same applies for the oil sector. Know all you can and no matter who you are or where you are from, you can invest.

I do not get your definition of ordinary person but there are so many sub sectors in the oil business such as exploration, drilling, refinery, transportation and sales. Any of the above would require you have a very high amount of cash because it involves a lot of legalities and is very expensive to start. I think that is why its only wealthy people or government that are into oil.
You got it right. The answer is definitely negative or a big no. There's no way that ordinary people can go into oil exploration business. It is only for the wealthiest and very powerful people to invest and earn in oil market or business.

Investing in oil is actually something that involves a lot of money to be able to pull through so it will be very difficult for an ordinary person to do so except maybe in the black market.

The basic requirements for investment is you have the money, as long as you have the money you can invest in any areas including oil business. You can buy shares of the oil company and invest in oil business. You need a lot of money, though.

The basic requirements for investment is you have the money, as long as you have the money you can invest in any areas including oil business. You can buy shares of the oil company and invest in oil business. You need a lot of money, though.
That is true. The most common hindrance to investing in a business is the capital. If you have the money for the capital then you can make a start up even if you cannot handle the operation. You can hire people who will do the work for you.

Want to know what you mean by an ordinary person, money makes an ordinary person special so if one has the money you can invest in anything you wish

Oil business is very profitable in all parts of world. Every day, oil industries pump approx 98 million barrel of crude from the ground. And price of 1 barrel is approx 70$.. so you can see how much these companies earn on daily basis.
Want to know,can an ordinary person invest in oil business?
By the definition of your ordinary person, I think you are saying some in that doesn't know about the business or someone That's not rich, I believe if you have the neccsary amount of money , you can invest .

Oil business is meant for the rich ones, they have the capital to start the business and see to the end. When you say oil business, you need to know and that Oil business is more than just natural resources. We have palm oil and groundnut oil. But, I still understand the oil business you mean. If you have the capital to start the business you can give it a trial. But remember that its a dangerous business as a lots are attached to it.
You are correct. Oil business is only for the rich and powerful people. This is a great business because everyday cars need fuel for their cars to used as vehicle for transportation. This is also a great business because its in a cash to cash basis of transaction.

Anyone can invest in an oil business as far as the funds to do so is there, but if by ordinary you mean someone who is not influential then yes also because people don't become influential by sitting at hone, it's moves like this that makes one influential.

Ordinary person like how ? An ordinary rich person can invest in oil business but people who do not have the financial ability may not be able to invest because it will require a large sum of money we are all ordinary People no matter the amount of money we are making or does it mean that people who are making much money are not ordinary ?

Oil business is very profitable in all parts of world. Every day, oil industries pump approx 98 million barrel of crude from the ground. And price of 1 barrel is approx 70$.. so you can see how much these companies earn on daily basis.
Want to know,can an ordinary person invest in oil business?
I think ordinary people can also invest in oil business. Your profits would depend on how much you invested. Some people buy shares in big oil companies and make a lot of profit through that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds