Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Calling in sick as a lie to stay off work?

Credits
Have you ever called in sick at work just as a cover up to stay off working that very day or a few days? I think that this is a very common thing to do by most workers and the best way to prevent this is offering health services to your workers. If they are sick, they must use your company's designated hospital for treatment and the hospital will give you feedback. By this way, any lie will be caught quickly.

Advertisement Placeholder
I've done it before and honestly I don't regret it. Most of the time I used PTO so I was still getting paid. Life is too short anyways, I'd rather spend my time doing things I enjoy and actually living than slaving away but the bills of course have to be paid somehow. xD Though it's nice to take a mental health day.

I wasn't officially working yet, but it was during my student teaching period. I missed a day to go to the zoo with my boyfriend at the time. Needed the break. I haven't taken off work unless I've needed to. We are given 10 days a school year to take off, they accumulate, but we are told to use them if needed for whatever reasons. They don't question us, however once you've used your days you'll lose the days without pay which can hit kind of hard on the paycheck.

Not something I've ever done, or would even consider doing.

Once I've recovered, I'm not allowed more sick leave for 8 weeks - so, if I do that, I'll be screwed if I actually need to be off sick!

(Not to mention, it's just dishonest and wrong to begin with)

I've never done it, we get up to 3 days bonus at Christmas if we don't take any sick leave, and so I only take sick leave if I am actually ill. But then we have the option of making the time up so it doesn't affect our Christmas bonus too. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds