Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Business organisations and philanthropy

Trexxxy

Captain Junkie
Credits
Now as a business owner do you think it is a must to have some sort of philanthropic initiative to help people or the community around. I also think it is some sort of branding strategy, as these helps shapes the organisations perception with the locals and even potential customers. Morally I think it is the right thing to do as well.

Advertisement Placeholder
Philanthropy is good. At some point in your business journey you should consider giving back to the host community in which your business or organization is located. Philanthropy will help strengthen the image of your organization and give it a solid reputation in the eyes of the public.

Corporate responsibility is a term used in business to represent a business's obligations to its environment. I don't think you have much say in this as doing CSR which is a charitable venture is actually necessary. Also, it is your way of giving back to the society that housed and provided raw materials to your firm.

Since we learned of a business owner who is into philanthropy works we started patronizing his toothpaste. He was hiring disabled workers in his factory and that touched my heart. Happy toothpaste is not the most popular here because of Colgate and Close Up but it is selling and I think the business is thriving somehow. That charitable inclination in his business is a good brand.

Once you own a business where the needs of the people in the community area being satisfied, I will say such a person is already a philanthropist helping and meeting the needs of the people in the community.

Philanthropy in business is like a corporate social responsibility of most businesses in my country. This responsibility is not compulsory for the business to meet up with but they are as a matter of courtesy obligated to meet up with their corporate social responsibility as it will affect the way in which the community that the business is located will accept the business and probably patronize the business too.

Philanthropic gestures are very important contributory tools that could bring an organisation closer to the people. A brand that regularly engage in philanthropic works no matter how small will go a long way in cementing its presence with the people who would in turn get closer to the company by patronising their products and services.

Having a philanthropic extension of the business is not a bad thing. It is in fact a great thing and a move everyone should work towards. But this depends on how financially stable the business is. You don't have to be excessively rich to do it, but you must be able to balance the books and make profits before you can think of having such.

Now as a business owner do you think it is a must to have some sort of philanthropic initiative to help people or the community around. I also think it is some sort of branding strategy, as these helps shapes the organisations perception with the locals and even potential customers. Morally I think it is the right thing to do as well.

You have to give out to the society even when you feel it is not the best thing to do. Having a business means that you depend on the people to sell whether they are buying directly from you or referring others to do so. Being humane and giving out is not a big deal when you are in business.

Business organisations and philanthropyUncentralized systems. Band society. ...
Centralized governments. Chiefdom. ...
Supranational political systems. ...
Empires. ...
Leagues.

Businesses during philanthropic works is a form of saying thank you to the society and of course give him back to them. Is a kind of saying thank you for the support we have had from you. so I think it is advisable and also very good for big businesses to do philanthropic works.

Philanthropy refers to charitable acts or other good works that help others or society as a whole. Philanthropy can include donating money to a worthy cause or volunteering time, effort, or other forms of altruism

There is business and there is charity, the proceeds from business can be used to support charity not the other way round. Been philantropic is good but not at the expense of the source for the philantropicness.

When you own a company that meets the needs of the people in the community, I would say that such a person is already a philanthropist who supports and meets the needs of the people in the community. It is your way of giving back to the society that has hosted and supplied your business with raw materials.

The terms business organization and the afternoon of philanthropy are two different things. Business organization is set up for the sole aim of making profits and nothing more, philanthropy on the other hand is set up to render services to humanity for moral purpose. so they are two different concepts entirely.
[automerge]1613247515[/automerge]
The terms business organization and the afternoon of philanthropy are two different things. Business organization is set up for the sole aim of making profits and nothing more, philanthropy on the other hand is set up to render services to humanity for moral purpose. so they are two different concepts entirely.

As for me i think as a business man or organization is set up for the sole aim of making profits and nothing more ,and I will say such person is philanthropy who supports and meet the needs of people in the community

There are different ways a business can donate to charity. ... Here are some of the top ways companies are helping charities: Volunteers: Instead of financial donations, companies can donate their time to a great cause. Volunteer as a company in a soup kitchen, charity run or homeless shelter.

It is good that if a business conducts it's operations in a geographical location and the activities yield a lot of profit, it's nothing bad if the company can give back to the people in general by rendering some essential service like providing pipe borne water or any social amenities.

Corporate philanthropy whether it's volunteering in the community, supporting causes dear to you or making donations to charitable causes -- can have major benefits for a company. By developing and fostering a culture of "giving back," businesses can not only build a strong sense of community, but they can also become more attractive for younger generations of employees who are very keen on seeing their organizations involved in charitable work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds