Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Business Minded.

sweerie_banana

Credits
Hi?
I have never wanted to be employed, I always love being the boss. I have been successful at it and at times I have failed miserably.

I recently started a salon and getting customers has been such a huge task that I am almost giving up. Running a business requires so much discipline. There are days you will encounter losses. What do you do then?

I have been encouraging myself that it is the pandemic period and everyone is broke but still I am on the verge of giving up.
Can anyone encourage me? I think I am having a nervous breakdown.

Advertisement Placeholder
Reassure people everywhere you are advertising and promoting your salon that you practice safe habits, masks are encouraged, social distancing.

It might help if you come up with a promotion of some sorts to get your salon's name out there. It could be a charity drive? Then you could write up a press release and send it to the local newspaper which will publish it for free. Free advertising is great!

Repeat customers are essential but you also want word of mouth so maybe give your current customers a card for something free if they bring in a new paying customer.

See if you can mention your shop on your town/city's local facebook group. Some groups allow it and some don't. Others will allow a shout out from customers so if you have a close friend or relative willing to say what a great cut or color they got it could help. There is a saying that it takes 7 times before a customer will buy so you need to be in their faces so to speak as often as you can. I know there have been places I haven't tried until they kept popping up over and over and then when it was time for me to utilize a service their name came to mind.

The first year of business is always the most difficult. Stick with it :)

Instead of opening a saloon and waiting for customers to come to you, why don't you do to your customers and offer your service. You can search your customers online

You don't explain what kind of salon you opened, in any case you should keep patience, analyze and look for solutions, with desperation you will not get anything positive. If it is a beauty salon, I recommend that you promote your business among the people closest to you. In my country they are providing such services in the homes of customers, which is giving many beneficial results for hairdressers.

Remember that there are always trying times in everything. The beginning of business is always not easy, but your ability to endure will help you to succeed. Good luck.

First you need to analyze the location of your salon, is it suitable? If that is the problem that you are not getting customers then it is best to move to where there are many customers. Also, you need to advertise yourself more. Whether by word of mouth or online, people need to know that you are offering salon services.

That's nice you can open to any business of your choice, like opening a supermarket and start running it on your own is better than to work for someone.

A business minded person is a smart person, and can take up challenges easily, because you treat urgency in all you do,by analysing the risk and rewards,profit and loss.

Being a business minded person is the best. That means you're building for yourself what will last for a very Long time. But in the journey of building your business. There are challenges, you just need to maintain your focus

I hope before starting the salon business you made a business plan, if so go through it again and change what is supposed to be changed and exercise more patience.

Challenges in life are inevitable. We must always keep ourselves encouraged with the big picture in sight to keep us going no matter what

Hi?
I have never wanted to be employed, I always love being the boss. I have been successful at it and at times I have failed miserably.

I recently started a salon and getting customers has been such a huge task that I am almost giving up. Running a business requires so much discipline. There are days you will encounter losses. What do you do then?

I have been encouraging myself that it is the pandemic period and everyone is broke but still I am on the verge of giving up.
Oh dear , sorry about what you're passing through, yes you're right many businesses are suffering as a result of the pandemic but we've got to look for a solution to the problem, in my opinion a bathing salon shouldn't search for customers because almost everyone will need a haircut, try checking your location or offer discounts to boost your sales

It is not easy to own a business. At times it is easy to start a business but maintaining or managing it to attain the level that we desire becomes an herculean tasks. All we need to do is to keep pushing and with time we will reap the fruits of our labour.

Hi?

Let me ask you this question those days you get profit grim your business, what first came to your mind..( wow, this business pays) but the moment have a loss you are discourage as long you were able to derive profit then more profit is along the way..

Remember that before one succeed in a business you would require money, so make sure you have enough money before quitting your job to focus on business.

Hi?

I never wanted to do a job. In fact, I NEVER wanted to work for someone else. Honestly speaking, I like to earn money online at my own pace. Earning money online feels awesome. You are not employed by anyone and you do not need to work like a slave. You started a salon but I wanted to earn money online and that's the difference.

Hi?

Hmm... there are times you are down and there are times you will be at the uppermost part of your life... So its a balance so don't give up keep pushing hard

Well, I have to say kudos to you for taking these steps to get what you love and what you want, first of all this shows courage, I have to say that even things aren't going well in your business, you have to sort things out, or else you're back at the beginning

in business patient is an essential element because without it you can not prevail. is not starting g that matters but maintenance and how to attained the set goal of the purpose of starting.

I really understand your situation because i have been there some times in the past. All you have to do is try to make an impression with the veery few people around you then they will carry the advent for you

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds