Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Business and morality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that if you should maintain morality in business, which is very important. Your foundation is in the medicinal of this plant, but we also know that it is harmful when used the wrong way. Likewise, despite morality and ethics, companies continue their profit path, because customers continue to buy whether it is good or not, for example cigarettes.
Lol, thats the proven fact @Sariana23, be it illegal or legal, people make money through all. But I won't encourage illegal business, lime selling marijuana, cocaine metabolic, Indian hem etc. I prefer doing legal which I do free of mind, without any scrutiny from government securities.

Advertisement Placeholder
All I can say is that moral in business is one thing that can lead to great success in one business
A moral business increases the allure of the business to prospective employees, enhancing the talent of the recruitment pool. A morally run business will see increases productivity because employees will take pride in their work.

For sure, there should be morality in business, business without morality cannot grow, there is tendency you loose your values and morals when you involve in immoral businesses

Business is the provision of goods and services for the consumers use be it legal or illegal .the addition of morality to business help you stick with good ethics and conduct that promotes good societal values ....once customers recgonize your stand on morality in business they will respect your decision

Moral in business is not a thing to be joked with. No matter how prosperous a business is, if there is no right attitude or moral, there is tendency that the business will collapse.

In my own idea business and morality are two things that shouldn't be separated ,a business which is being managed by someone without moral won't go far, morals is very important for a business to be successful

Yes there should be morality in business. A businessman must be a man of integrity and unquestionable character, lying, cheating and ripping off customers will only result in the downfall of a business. Only a good man will make a good businessman.

I once had such a discussion with a very good friend of mine who claims the end justifies the means in what every you do in life including business. I was against such ideology, then I told him that whatever you do and you are not proud of telling others about is a wrong business and should be avoided to prevent future embarrassment.

It is a difficult choice to factor in morality in one's business. There are a lot of moral questions that needs to answered daily, at what point should profit be charged? Most successful businesses have very ruthless owners that push morality aside to make a name for themselves.

There are proponent of business that business should be good, that businesses should not be involved in anything that doesn't help someone.
Businesses like the sales of marijuana is being condemned by these proponent of good business ethics or morals and we all know how medicinal marijuana is.
Going by these scenario, should there be morality in business or not?
Yes dear there must be present Morality in the business field. As a person's morality and its character determins the development and progress of the business. And while doing such type of business in which you are going to sale Marijuana, you must make some strict rules and regulations. Don't give it you childrens and agents.

There are proponent of business that business should be good, that businesses should not be involved in anything that doesn't help someone.
Businesses like the sales of marijuana is being condemned by these proponent of good business ethics or morals and we all know how medicinal marijuana is.
Ethics and business are two things that are very harmful to be separated because when a business is started without ethics it is very harmful it can never be successful. Doing business with ethics is very powerful because it is successful So I think it's always nice to have these two things together.

Morality in business is a very important factor all business owners must consider. Your morals will define you and your business and this have a long way to go in the success of the business.

Business ethics generally deals with what is right or wrong in the business. According to Wallace and Pekel, ‘attention to business ethics is necessary during times of fundamental change as the moral values that were not taken seriously are strongly questioned at that time’. It is business ethics that enables the leaders and employees to act in times of crisis and confusion in the business. Business ethics is a method of dealing with unclear business problems.

Well I think there is a standard of morality that you have to maintain. You cited a cigarettes example perhaps the seller feels the moral obligation based on the harm it causes to people. But then again a lot of people are aware of the dangers and they choose to do otherwise. It is no longer on the seller

Good business ethics can reduce employee turnover. Since people are more likely to stay with an organisation they perceive to be acting ethically and doing good in the world. A morally run business will see increases productivity because employees will take pride in their work

Morality in a business must be maintained for so many reasons, there are ethics in business that has to be adhered to.
To uphold the good name of a business such moral etiquettes should be put in place. I usually say, you can not change the world alone but you can make it a less shitty place, it's by doing these little things that make the world a better place.

Some business people argue that there is a symbiotic relationship between ethics and business in which ethics naturally emerges from a profit oriented business . Quite a lot of people are of the opinion that good ethics results in good business which simply means that moral businesses practices are profitable . A lot of things can be said about ethics but most important is that ethics to any business person/persons is a culture/standard the business follow which favors whom involves in it. On the contrary, alot of business men subscribe to the popular context; do what ever it takes to make sure that your company is at the safer side of the cost.

Yes. Absolutely. This might seem like a narrow-minded principle but I have always believe that ethics and morals should be part of the foundation of any institution. We should think of the state of our being and follow what is good, for ourselves and for other people.

Online Business or e-business is any kind of business or commercial transaction that includes sharing information across the internet. Commerce constitutes the exchange of products and services between businesses, groups and individuals and can be seen as one of the essential activities of any business.

Morals are judgement s,rules of good conducts in the society as this is what guide people towards allowable behavior with regards to basic value. With these being said the standards varies from society to society, from country to country. Like the marijuana example you sighted, that business is a crime in Nigeria and it is legal in other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds