Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Broken something at work?

Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
Did you ever break something at work? Did your company have insurance to pay for it, or did it come out of your pocket?

I didn't break anything, but a delivery guy did and my boss was mad that I let him leave without getting any information about him. I guess they were going to get insurance from the delivery company to pay for the frame. I was young and didn't even think it was an expensive frame.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have worked in a company that required communicating with the customer through many devices. In case if a person broke something, then they might be responsible for that. This is something that many managers told us at work. I think that it makes sense. Breaking things at work would lead to losses.

Yeah, I did. I thought it was like a vase or something like that. It was a long time ago when I worked in the restaurant. I bought another vase and everything was okay.

Yeah, I did. I thought it was like a vase or something like that. It was a long time ago when I worked in the restaurant. I bought another vase and everything was okay.

I think that some companies' owners are generous enough. They never demand any compensation for that and merely see that as a mistake. We all make mistakes and I think that overlooking mistakes and faults of others is a great way to show compassion and kindness.

Well although I never broke anything really valuable in the places where I worked, it is true that in a restaurant where I worked, once I dropped a cart with many boxes of soft drinks, a few containers were broke, but I do not think it cost more than 50-60 $, nothing really happened.

Last edited:
Well although I never broke anything really valuable in the places where I worked, it is true that in a restaurant where I worked, once I dropped a cart with many boxes of soft drinks, a few containers were broke, but I do not think it cost more than 50-60 $, nothing really happened.

$60 is not a really huge amount of money. There are many people who may damage products that might be worth thousands of dollars. They usually have a harder time recovering that much money. I do not think that items worth that much should be handled in a careless manner.

$60 is not a really huge amount of money. There are many people who may damage products that might be worth thousands of dollars. They usually have a harder time recovering that much money. I do not think that items worth that much should be handled in a careless manner.
Yes, you are right, luckily I have never had to deal with objects of such value and therefore I have not broken any, I would not like to be in the skin of someone who breaks such an object and then has to return those amounts.

Yes, you are right, luckily I have never had to deal with objects of such value and therefore I have not broken any, I would not like to be in the skin of someone who breaks such an object and then has to return those amounts.

Well, I have also never broken anything. However, the fact of the matter remains that I used to work in a telemarketing company where we had access to computers and headsets. In case if some breaks those headsets, then the manager warned that they would deduct salaries of people for that.

Well, I have also never broken anything. However, the fact of the matter remains that I used to work in a telemarketing company where we had access to computers and headsets. In case if some breaks those headsets, then the manager warned that they would deduct salaries of people for that.
Yes, I think it is the most logical thing to do, that is, to deduct from salaries in case something breaks, as long as its value is considerable, for example as the hardware you mention, if I were the head of a business with expensive material, I would also do it, since the important thing is to preserve the business.

Except for glass, coffee mugs, and petty things like these, I have never broken anything in my workplace. I never have had to pay for the broken items.

I have never broken any office properties ever since I started. In all the companies where I have been employed, I always make sure that I'm very careful with handling any office items and products because it's boldly written in my appointment letter that if you destroy anything in the company, the payment for it is going to be deducted from your salary.

I have never broken any office properties ever since I started. In all the companies where I have been employed, I always make sure that I'm very careful with handling any office items and products because it's boldly written in my appointment letter that if you destroy anything in the company, the payment for it is going to be deducted from your salary.

i have also never damaged any kind of item at all. I take care of things and try my best to never damage anything at all. This is because I am a sincere person who takes my job quite seriously. However, mistakes can certainly happen, as I am certainly not an infallible person who never makes mistakes.

i have also never damaged any kind of item at all. I take care of things and try my best to never damage anything at all. This is because I am a sincere person who takes my job quite seriously. However, mistakes can certainly happen, as I am certainly not an infallible person who never makes mistakes.

The only time I have had to pay for something in the company where I used to work was when I gave a customer a delivery fee that's short on $0.50. My boss became furious over it and I couldn't understand why because we used to give some customers the same same amount but that day, she wasn't going to hear it. I had to pay back the money.

The only time I have had to pay for something in the company where I used to work was when I gave a customer a delivery fee that's short on $0.50. My boss became furious over it and I couldn't understand why because we used to give some customers the same same amount but that day, she wasn't going to hear it. I had to pay back the money.

I think that you worked as a cashier, right? I think that cashiers are the ones who have to be careful when it comes to dealing with customers. They may never "break' anything at work. However, if they end up mishandling cash, then they can get into trouble and they may need to pay for that.

I think that you worked as a cashier, right? I think that cashiers are the ones who have to be careful when it comes to dealing with customers. They may never "break' anything at work. However, if they end up mishandling cash, then they can get into trouble and they may need to pay for that.

I wasn't the company's cashier but the manager. Every other sales representative was attending to other customers that day and that's why I had to step in to help out. The way everything ended up made me regret why I got myself involved. The money wasn't a big deal, but the manner I was insulted.

I wasn't the company's cashier but the manager. Every other sales representative was attending to other customers that day and that's why I had to step in to help out. The way everything ended up made me regret why I got myself involved. The money wasn't a big deal, but the manner I was insulted.

I am really sorry to hear that! I think that this is also one of the main reasons why many managers many not get involved in such cases and they may order someone else in order to do the required job. Having said that, a person should be really careful when it comes to handling things in a business. This also includes handling products that are on shelves in a supermarket.

I am really sorry to hear that! I think that this is also one of the main reasons why many managers many not get involved in such cases and they may order someone else in order to do the required job. Having said that, a person should be really careful when it comes to handling things in a business. This also includes handling products that are on shelves in a supermarket.

I took everything on the chin and started using a new strategy with carrying out my work. Whenever there are too many customers, I will just assign each customers service representatives we have to them. No matter how busy they are, they will find a way to attend to all of the customers inquiries.

I've never broken anything at my job, but I've probably come close to it a few times. When I worked at the call center, I probably almost broke a headset or two. My hair would keep getting caught in them and I was afraid I'd break them at some point. Aside from that, there wasn't much I could break easily anyway. I mostly sat in a cubicle all day.

Did you ever break something at work? Did your company have insurance to pay for it, or did it come out of your pocket?

I didn't break anything, but a delivery guy did and my boss was mad that I let him leave without getting any information about him. I guess they were going to get insurance from the delivery company to pay for the frame. I was young and didn't even think it was an expensive frame.

I have been lucky not to break anything at work since I began working. I have had different experiences of other staff breaking things and having to pay for it and that is not what I want at all since my salary is always planned on how it will be spent before I even receive it.

There are times when people have to pay for something, even when they have not broken anything. This also involves paying some additional fee from your own pocket as well. I think that this is unfair because employee are not supposed to pay something from their own pocket if they have not damaged anything that belongs to the company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds