Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Broken something at work?

There are times when people have to pay for something, even when they have not broken anything. This also involves paying some additional fee from your own pocket as well. I think that this is unfair because employee are not supposed to pay something from their own pocket if they have not damaged anything that belongs to the company.

Personally for me in that situation, it was never anything for me to be worried about because I know that that amount of money is something that could have been easily overlooked by my boss but because she had an agenda against me that was why she had to insist that I pay back the money. There was a situation whereby one of our workers lost about $2000 that he was supposed to go and pay into the bank but our boss never did anything to make him to repay the money to the company.

Advertisement Placeholder
Personally for me in that situation, it was never anything for me to be worried about because I know that that amount of money is something that could have been easily overlooked by my boss but because she had an agenda against me that was why she had to insist that I pay back the money. There was a situation whereby one of our workers lost about $2000 that he was supposed to go and pay into the bank but our boss never did anything to make him to repay the money to the company.

This depends on how forgiving your boss is. There are many bosses out there who may realise the fact that mistakes happen and they overlook and forgive people for that. On the other hand, there may be many bosses who may never be that forgiving at all and this could be a main concern for many people who work in many different companies.

This depends on how forgiving your boss is. There are many bosses out there who may realise the fact that mistakes happen and they overlook and forgive people for that. On the other hand, there may be many bosses who may never be that forgiving at all and this could be a main concern for many people who work in many different companies.

I believe that this doesn't have anything to do with our boss being the forgiving type of person but she being partial and showing favoritism because of tribe.
The guy who lost the company's money was from her tribe and that was the reason why she had to be partial in how she treated the case with the employee.

No, I've not broken anything at work. I'm not a clumsy person to be breaking anything at work. From my childhood till now, I've broken only one mug when I was 7 years old. I cannot remember breaking anything else from my 7th year till now.

Of all the jobs I have worked offline, I can honestly say I have never broken anything within the workplace. I may have had issues working on something but never something that I broke.

I believe most businesses have insurance to cover anything like this but it is always wise to be sure about that and also be very careful when you handle anything.

I believe most businesses have insurance to cover anything like this but it is always wise to be sure about that and also be very careful when you handle anything.

There are some companies that are not going to be interested in making use of their insurance to cover whatever that have been destroyed at the workplace. They will be very wicked to force their workers to pay for any of such items that they have broken by themselves.

This is the reason why you have to be very careful whenever you are dealing with any company that you're working for.

There are some companies that are not going to be interested in making use of their insurance to cover whatever that have been destroyed at the workplace. They will be very wicked to force their workers to pay for any of such items that they have broken by themselves.

This is the reason why you have to be very careful whenever you are dealing with any company that you're working for.

Not all the items are insured by the companies. Having said that, in many cases, it is always important to take care of things around you. You must make sure you do not damage them. This may also include expensive items as well. Usually waiters may also make mistake and they may also break expensive utensils as well. This is a very common thing when you carry out duties that require you to use expensive items.

Not all the items are insured by the companies. Having said that, in many cases, it is always important to take care of things around you. You must make sure you do not damage them. This may also include expensive items as well. Usually waiters may also make mistake and they may also break expensive utensils as well. This is a very common thing when you carry out duties that require you to use expensive items.
Whenever a business is fully insured, everything that is used to carry out the operational activities of the business is also on the insurance and can easily be replaced by the insurance company that the business is making use of.

It is only when you are not interested in having full insurance in your business that some things about your business are going to be excluded.

My boss is a very nice man whom might not ask any of his workers to pay for anything they destroyed or broke at work but I will not like to taste his patience with it. Everyone have their breaking point.

I have been lucky not to break anything at work since I began working. I have had different experiences of other staff breaking things and having to pay for it and that is not what I want at all since my salary is always planned on how it will be spent before I even receive it.
I can actually understand that accidents do happen at workplaces which can result in breaking things but in a situation whereby someone is very careless and that result to destroying company's property, the person would have to learn how to take responsibilities for his or her actions. This is so that tomorrow, he or she is going to be careful when handling things.

I also think that one should take responsibility for the object that was broken at work, the money can be subtracted from your salary at the end of the month or you can pay it directly, but if you break something as an employee, it should not be paid by the employer.

I also think that one should take responsibility for the object that was broken at work, the money can be subtracted from your salary at the end of the month or you can pay it directly, but if you break something as an employee, it should not be paid by the employer.

Yeah, that's very correct. Although the only condition which I am going to support this kind of policy is whenever it is out of carelessness that an employee destroyed the company's products or equipment, then the person have to take responsibility but if it's something that happened because of an accident which nobody have control over, it is wrong to ask the person to pay for it.

Yeah, that's very correct. Although the only condition which I am going to support this kind of policy is whenever it is out of carelessness that an employee destroyed the company's products or equipment, then the person have to take responsibility but if it's something that happened because of an accident which nobody have control over, it is wrong to ask the person to pay for it.
Yes, it is true that if it was unintentional, the situation would have to be analyzed to know what happened, but it also depends on what was broken and how much it costs, if it is something that does not cost a lot of money and is not very relevant, that is fine, but if It is something very expensive, it would have to be analyzed why it broke and a decision made.

Yes, it is true that if it was unintentional, the situation would have to be analyzed to know what happened, but it also depends on what was broken and how much it costs, if it is something that does not cost a lot of money and is not very relevant, that is fine, but if It is something very expensive, it would have to be analyzed why it broke and a decision made.
Yeah, that's very correct. Even if the company's property that was damaged is very expensive, as long as it can be determined to be an accident, it's not right to ask the employee involved with the accident to pay for it. The cost of such is capable of taking the employee below minimum wage and that shouldn't hold.

Whenever a business is fully insured, everything that is used to carry out the operational activities of the business is also on the insurance and can easily be replaced by the insurance company that the business is making use of.

It is only when you are not interested in having full insurance in your business that some things about your business are going to be excluded.

There may be many companies that may have had insured their items at the workplace. However, in case if an employee breaks any thing by mistake, they still charge the employee for that and I think that this is certainly unfair.

No, I don't think I had broken anything at work. The reason is that if you mistakenly broke or damage the Office Property, you would pay if not all, at least half or more. I don't pray I break anything at my work place nor at my business too. Because it will require you to get a new one which will definitely cost you money

No, I don't think I had broken anything at work. The reason is that if you mistakenly broke or damage the Office Property, you would pay if not all, at least half or more. I don't pray I break anything at my work place nor at my business too. Because it will require you to get a new one which will definitely cost you money

Most offices will ask the staff to pay for items damaged or get you to repair it yourself. This is why it is advisable that people are careful with how they conduct themselves at the workplace to avoid breaking items that are of high importance to the office.

It happened to me some time ago because at work you could be very tired at the end of the journey and accidentally break something because we are human and there is the chance of error.

It happened to me some time ago because at work you could be very tired at the end of the journey and accidentally break something because we are human and there is the chance of error.

Yeah, that's very correct. There's always a possibility of accidents happening at work and it's most likely going to involve a worker. In this kind of situation, if what's damaged isn't too expensive, some company might let it slide for the worker because it's an accident.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds