Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Breaks on the Job

Joshua Farrell

Captain Junkie
Credits
How often do you take a break at work? Where I work, breaks are allowed based on if work is generally completed, and if it isn't busy enough to warrent everyone being on hand at that moment.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well for now majority of my work is online so I can actually take a break when ever I wanted. That aside, I usually set a target for myself, I won't rest until I reach that target, after that I can have some rest then continue later on

I work in a health institution and we normally work as part of a group so anytime I feel tired I take permission and then go and lay in the nurses room for some time.

How often do you take a break at work? Where I work, breaks are allowed based on if work is generally completed, and if it isn't busy enough to warrent everyone being on hand at that moment.
Every two hours, at least to use the convenience, stretch my legs and relax my mind.
Breaks at work is very important to the health of the worker and effectiveness of the organisation.

I think different workplaces have different rules for breaks, some companies have an allotted time for breaks why some others only allow breaks when you have completed a section of your tasks.

Rest is very necessary, just a way to refill and start again. There are employee who just doesn't like it I don't know why. Atleast 30 minutes should be given twice before recess

I work from home so it's pretty flexible. I usually take a break roughly every two hours.

Well for now majority of my work is online so I can actually take a break when ever I wanted. That aside, I usually set a target for myself, I won't rest until I reach that target, after that I can have some rest then continue later on
I have an offline work although I am still learning my electrical skill, I also have some spare time to engage on some online activities to make some money. I always take break sometimes if we do not have anything serious to do offline.

Break should be essential in all working environments. Here, we observe our breaks at midday lasting for an hour.

I have an offline work although I am still learning my electrical skill, I also have some spare time to engage on some online activities to make some money. I always take break sometimes if we do not have anything serious to do offline.
Yes taking breaks is needed most times especially in situations whereby there are no fresh ideas coming forth, at that moment what the brains needs is to rest, you must have been stressed. After a good rest, you would discover that things are much more easier.

I think we are in the same place here. I just simply set target for myself, with intervals of rest in-between. Sometimes I over rest lol, but I'll still must reach my target

I am not full time employed, however, if I was fum time employed I would be needing at least 2 breaks because I cannot work straight for 8 hours. I would need breaks for refreshments and to stretch the body.

I think we are in the same place here. I just simply set target for myself, with intervals of rest in-between. Sometimes I over rest lol, but I'll still must reach my target
Haha, I completely understand, there are times I get carried about by the rest as well. Maybe I decide to watch a movie while I rest and am like once I get to this point I would stop, getting to the point I might change my mind and be like o let me just finish it

Break is a universal concept at work, even by nature humans are not robots. Hence, the need for break is inevitable in our daily endeavours. Break is rest. Even God rested after creation. Break is for recreation to be rejuvenated for optimum productivity. Well, in my workplace, we have two breaks, a short and long break.
[automerge]1634371316[/automerge]
I think, breaks should be given based on the nature of job. Jobs that are stressful should be given a considerable number of breaks.

Yes taking breaks is needed most times especially in situations whereby there are no fresh ideas coming forth, at that moment what the brains needs is to rest, you must have been stressed. After a good rest, you would discover that things are much more easier.
Sometimes if I am not able to engage in some online activities on the day I would likely switch over to do it at night when I will have most of the time, if it continues like this for a whole week combining with my offline work then I might be stress but obviously I would likely get some rest.

Right now were I teach there is always break time for the students so we are free to take break too.. But some time I just have time to relax when I have nothing doing

Well, most of my breaks comes on weekends because I make sure that i finish all my work on Friday but if I brings extra money then I am open to more work.

Well, most of my breaks comes on weekends because I make sure that i finish all my work on Friday but if I brings extra money then I am open to more work.
This is something that's very common with Nigeria work setting. The staff don't basically get breaks at all, even some offices work during the weekends and even Sundays.

Sometimes if I am not able to engage in some online activities on the day I would likely switch over to do it at night when I will have most of the time, if it continues like this for a whole week combining with my offline work then I might be stress but obviously I would likely get some rest.
That's nice but I do not do night jobs though, the reason why I try not to do much at night is simply because I would end up over stressing myself, I still have some offline activities I need to carry out during the day, so by the time I add working in the night as well, there is not enough time to rest.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds