Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Breaks on the Job

Honestly, I wish I could remember this when I work. I often forget about my surroundings once I start working. I usually don't even take lunch or dinner breaks. My family gets mad at me for not even taking food breaks but sometimes it's just not possible to follow a specific schedule.

Also, I often don't take any breaks for about 5-6 hours straight. I was told that I really shouldn't do that and it's not good for my body in the long run but I just can't seem to remember this point when I work.

Also, I do use alarms to remind myself about taking a break but I just wouldn't pay enough attentions to them(most of the time, I would be in some or the other meeting when they start ringing).
Well, it's better to take a minute break every hour or so and I wish I could remember that.

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe that different firms have varied policies about breaks. Some organizations set aside a specific amount of time for breaks, while others only permit them when you have finished a particular portion of your work.

It depends on the particular job you are doing , if its a stressful job , then Definitely you are going to need a break in between and if its a teaching job , you also need a break to go through the next subject before going into the class.

Currently, I work from home and I take multiple breaks. I cannot work for extended hours without taking breaks. I need breaks after every 2-3 hours. During the breaks, I do some light stretching and also drink enough fluids to keep myself hydrated.

In my place work, I'm entitled to 30 minutes break. It's not enough but it's manageable. I don't have any problems with it because I can still be able to get enough rest with it while I eat my launch. Whenever I'm working online, I can take breaks as much as I want because I'm my own boss in that state.

In my place work, I'm entitled to 30 minutes break. It's not enough but it's manageable. I don't have any problems with it because I can still be able to get enough rest with it while I eat my launch. Whenever I'm working online, I can take breaks as much as I want because I'm my own boss in that state.

I think that this may depend a lot on the kind of job. If you are working a 10 hour job, then I think that offering a break of one hour would be reasonable. If the job is really hard, then under such circumstances, some companies also offer a longer break as well.

I think that this may depend a lot on the kind of job. If you are working a 10 hour job, then I think that offering a break of one hour would be reasonable. If the job is really hard, then under such circumstances, some companies also offer a longer break as well.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't see any kind of justification for any company to put their workers through the stress of working for 10 straight hours. This is because the human system is not expected to work like that and whenever you are forced to put yourself through that kind of stress, you are definitely going to break down sooner or later.

Wait, so if the work which needs to be completed are not completed, the company wouldn't allow for breaks? If I'm allowed to be blunt, this is absurd. If workers are not allowed to take even their launch break, they are meant to stay hungry all through work?

Since I currently do most of my work online, I can actually take breaks whenever I want. While keeping that in mind, I usually set a goal for myself and won't stop working until I've accomplished it.

Whenever you are working online full-time, you always have all the permission to choose whenever you want to take your break because the job is something that you have the free choice to decide how you are going to carry them out and no one is going to decide that for you or put any extra pressure for you to work when you don't want to.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't see any kind of justification for any company to put their workers through the stress of working for 10 straight hours. This is because the human system is not expected to work like that and whenever you are forced to put yourself through that kind of stress, you are definitely going to break down sooner or later.

I have applied at a company that required their workers to work continuously for nine hours. The reviews received by that company were not that great at all. Majority of the people often complained about workload. It is a kind of unethical practice if you ask me. They offer just a 30 minute break period.

I have applied at a company that required their workers to work continuously for nine hours. The reviews received by that company were not that great at all. Majority of the people often complained about workload. It is a kind of unethical practice if you ask me. They offer just a 30 minute break period.

Are you kidding me? They will require their employees to work for 9 long hours. I wonder what kind of company that would do something like that. But, since you knew the company put their workers through 9 hours work without a any break in between, why did you apply for it?

I think it depends on the job you have. Some jobs only give you a select amount of break time. Some will allow you to have a break based off of work done, and so on. If you do freelance work like myself sometimes, you really can take breaks whenever you want.

If you do freelance work like myself sometimes, you really can take breaks whenever you want.

Freelancers have all the chance to work as they please without worrying about how long they took breaks. The most important thing is for them to always make sure they complete their jobs within the agreed time they had with their clients. Freelancers can decide to switch their working time from day time to night.

When started working from morning i go on break from two to three before starting again

That is an hour break daily, and I don't think it is that bad. When I began working, it was always a 30-minute break for me, and I liked the way that they made staff be the one to decide when they go for their breaks. It helped everyone put in their best at the job.

It depends from your employer attitude if for example this employer allows break during the working hours or it doesn't like such breaks. Some employers needs consecutive works even if you are tired and burned out.

It depends from your employer attitude if for example this employer allows break during the working hours or it doesn't like such breaks. Some employers needs consecutive works even if you are tired and burned out.

There is no way working consecutively is going to be good for someone's health because whenever you are tired and burnt out, your body demands that you rest otherwise it is going to be very critical for your health in a way that you're going to break down and wouldn't even be able to work at all again.

There is no way working consecutively is going to be good for someone's health because whenever you are tired and burnt out, your body demands that you rest otherwise it is going to be very critical for your health in a way that you're going to break down and wouldn't even be able to work at all again.

I try to rest most of the times at night once I am back from work because I don't want to have a situation where I fall sick because of being stupid and not listening to my body after work. So, I dedicate a lot of time to ensuring that I sleep as much as I can.

I try to rest most of the times at night once I am back from work because I don't want to have a situation where I fall sick because of being stupid and not listening to my body after work. So, I dedicate a lot of time to ensuring that I sleep as much as I can.

Personally, I try as much as possible to avoid anything that is going to over stress me whenever I am back from work. This is because I have been stressed so much for hours being at work and I needed a very good rest and relaxation when I get back from work. So, that is a priority for me.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds