Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Blink-182 Fan Site Feedback Request

Calamity

Recognized member
Credits
Hi All,

I run a fan forums for Blink-182.net . Outside of lack of users, what are some ideas or suggestions for improvement? Also, I recently switched themes. I was curious which one you liked more / worked best for the site?

Thanks in advance!

Tough for me to read the logo top left on top of the blue. the text color may need adjustment. Is it just me?

1700083951755.png

The Image carousel feels like it moves a little too fast and causes motion sickness when trying to focus on reading the forum. Do you want people to use your forum or rate songs? Perhaps replace the carousel with a side bar widget that links to a larger page dedicated to reviews.

I would recommend a theme that could possibly be more styled for Blink182 - perhaps having your banner include a logo or just be more similar to their logo since it may be copyrighted.

I would consider a 1-3 sentence description for users who are unsure of what goes under what category. At first I didn't realize what could be under "Side Projects" until I saw a thread and realized! I would make sports a subforum of General Discussion, and then add an Introductions area there. "Welcome Center" you could come up with a creative name but still obvious it's meant for introducing yourself.

I like having a section for all sorts of music! "Other Music" - I would try and find a different title, but I understand what you were intending. Also as the area gets more full you could add more categories for other types of music if it does kick off. It would be cool to discuss similar music taste, and I like the idea of sharing playlists and etc. I would suggest a fun thing your community could do is come up with a playlist of the month?

I don't see specific band communities anymore, but definitely a lot of people who still love Blink 182 - just have to really find them and engage them!

Tough for me to read the logo top left on top of the blue. the text color may need adjustment. Is it just me?

View attachment 2932

The Image carousel feels like it moves a little too fast and causes motion sickness when trying to focus on reading the forum. Do you want people to use your forum or rate songs? Perhaps replace the carousel with a side bar widget that links to a larger page dedicated to reviews.
Appreciate you taking the time to check it out. The theme and logo are something I am still working on. updated the theme a little bit to match one particular album color... but still not feeling it. The logo, I may just junk for now and use text.

The goal is to have people use the forum, but the album ratings is a draw to be a little more unique as there is 1 large forum for this band already so I need a couple "extra" things to try and get users to come here instead.

I'll toy around with a sidebar instead of carousel or try and slow down / turn off autoplay to see if that makes it a bit more user friendly. Thanks again!

I would recommend a theme that could possibly be more styled for Blink182 - perhaps having your banner include a logo or just be more similar to their logo since it may be copyrighted.

I would consider a 1-3 sentence description for users who are unsure of what goes under what category. At first I didn't realize what could be under "Side Projects" until I saw a thread and realized! I would make sports a subforum of General Discussion, and then add an Introductions area there. "Welcome Center" you could come up with a creative name but still obvious it's meant for introducing yourself.

I like having a section for all sorts of music! "Other Music" - I would try and find a different title, but I understand what you were intending. Also as the area gets more full you could add more categories for other types of music if it does kick off. It would be cool to discuss similar music taste, and I like the idea of sharing playlists and etc. I would suggest a fun thing your community could do is come up with a playlist of the month?

I don't see specific band communities anymore, but definitely a lot of people who still love Blink 182 - just have to really find them and engage them!
Yeah - theme and logo are on my to-do list. With Xenforo 2.3 coming out "soon", I may hold off on the theme portion. I think they made it easier to style it.

Good call, some more creative forum names would help and I'll add some descriptions soon.

The playlist of the month idea is great... I have to think of how to set that up. (I believe Spotify allows public playlists where anyone can add).

Thanks for your input!

The playlist of the month idea is great... I have to think of how to set that up. (I believe Spotify allows public playlists where anyone can add).

Thanks for your input!
In my mind it would be a topic, people could suggest a song (maybe two) and they get added to a playlist you make perhaps with a username linking to your forum. "Blink-182 Fan Site" have the link to your actual forum in the bio, if there is a bio? I always forget xD

Anyways users follow that account that gets created and can add the monthly playlist that gets created, it's also cool to share your music with those around you and know you're listening to music similar to others.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor