Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Best ways to stop a fight in the workplace

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
What would you say are some steps into stopping a fight? Some fights of course can't be stopped, so what do you do if a fight escalates? I hate the idea of dealing with fights in the workforce, because there can be collateral damage to other co-workers. How do you best stop fights from escalating, and what repercussions do employees have for fighting?

Advertisement Placeholder
What would you say are some steps into stopping a fight? Some fights of course can't be stopped, so what do you do if a fight escalates? I hate the idea of dealing with fights in the workforce, because there can be collateral damage to other co-workers. How do you best stop fights from escalating, and what repercussions do employees have for fighting?
I would try to calm down both parties involved in the fight or argument, but only if I felt that the situation was not too difficult or worse to handle, because sometimes we can't calm people easily if they're not ready to listen to you or anyone else. It also depends on how serious the matter is. I think the best solution is to involve the administration to solve the issue.

I think that the only way to stop a fight is to intervene and sort of out things. Whenever a fight is going on, a manager should always intervene and get to the bottom of the issue and try to figure out the reason why the fight started in the first place.

Division of labour is the best in all of the strategies you can use to stop it end fighting at your business workplace. When everyone have a different job to perform every day, they won't get in the face of another worker which is what leads to fighting most times.

If it is very obvious to me that some of my workers are always interested in fighting more than they are interested in doing their job which they are being paid for, I will not even waste my time too much on them trying to settle the fight, I would simply have them fired and employ those that really want to work and not come to fight.

As an employee, I have never been into fights with my coworkers, however, I once had a fight (verbal fight) with my employer and I left the job. As an employer, I had to deal with fights among the staff a couple of times. I arranged a staff meeting and let both parties have their say and let the other staff member decide what action should be taken.

The best way to stop fight in a work place is to put rules and regulations in your company's code of conduct that fines workers who fight in the work place, any new employee should be given the code of conduct to go through bit and understand.

In order to avoid social issues in workplace, there are must be standards that a business needs to set up to guide the employees and the business. There should be committee that settle fight in an organization such as top level management.

I have never had a fight in my job but I have seen other co-workers have them, and it was difficult to deal with it, I think the most important thing for this is to build a good spirit of work and understanding from the beginning of the work relationship, so that later these things do not happen or happen infrequently.

I am someone who hates to see any kind of fighting anywhere and the same can be said for the workplace as well. In most cases, a fight or an argument tends to resolve itself but we do see instances where it may get out of hand.

If this was something I were to witness in the workplace and it started to get out of hand, the first thing I would do would be to alert the boss about the incident and let them know that it was an ongoing incident that was getting out of hand. I know getting involved and trying to resolve it myself would probably lead to more issues so that is never wise.

I guess the best way to handle it is to put up a regulation that all misunderstanding between staff should be reported to the appropriate authority in the company that's in charge of this. Internal conflict is something a company doesn't need.

I guess the best way to handle it is to put up a regulation that all misunderstanding between staff should be reported to the appropriate authority in the company that's in charge of this. Internal conflict is something a company doesn't need.
I couldn't agree more. Without certain things in place, things could get out of hand really quickly and no company or business wants that. If you own a business you should ensure that you have policies in place and that all your employers know of the policies for future reference to prevent this from happening.

I couldn't agree more. Without certain things in place, things could get out of hand really quickly and no company or business wants that. If you own a business you should ensure that you have policies in place and that all your employers know of the policies for future reference to prevent this from happening.
I have actually more than once walked into a company and saw their staff fighting themselves, not even verbally as some of them were already going physical with it. And no client would want to do business in such intense atmosphere.

When people are treated equally, fairly and staffs have mutual understanding and respect for each other, there will be no room for in fighting among the staff members in the company...

If it is very obvious to me that some of my workers are always interested in fighting more than they are interested in doing their job which they are being paid for, I will not even waste my time too much on them trying to settle the fight, I would simply have them fired and employ those that really want to work and not come to fight.

I think that workers should not fight with each other. They must abide by the rules. However, avoiding fights all the time could be inevitable and i think that when this situation occurs, the boss should always interfere and sort out things in a civilised manner.

The best way to stop fight in a work place is to put rules and regulations in your company's code of conduct that fines workers who fight in the work place, any new employee should be given the code of conduct to go through bit and understand.

Yeah, that's very correct. If there's nothing like rules and regulations, and also punishments for some action and behavior in your workplace, most of your workers will he acting like animals. There are companies where if you fight physically, you're both going to be sacked.

I will suggest an outright dismissal for anyone that is guilty of starting a fight. I mean how can you even do it in a workplace. The issue is that some of these fights will end up with some office properties being destroyed which is a loss to the company.

I will suggest an outright dismissal for anyone that is guilty of starting a fight. I mean how can you even do it in a workplace. The issue is that some of these fights will end up with some office properties being destroyed which is a loss to the company.

In many cases, warnings are issued to such kind of employees who fight all the time. However, this also depends on the severity of the situation. If an employee engages in a brawl, then this may be a really serious thing and the management may need to handle this thing in a wise manner.

For me, both of the workers whom were involved in the fight at the workplace premises will be outrightly dismissed. There's nothing that's going to be seen to me as an excuse to be fighting. If another workers looked for your problem, report him or her to your superior.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds