Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Best way to sell a site/domain?

Advertisement Placeholder
I'm actually interested in knowing this information myself. I've sold a domain name once but I just sold it to Namecheap and I didn't get much for it. I think I only got like a $5 credit added to my Namecheap account. I'm assuming the price will vary depending on how many posts the forum has, how many articles the site has if it's a blog, and the niche of the community. If the forum wasn't too active to begin with, you probably won't get much for it. I think your best bet would be to list it for sale and see where it goes from there.

Small-scale and non-profitable sites are often better to transfer to someone who will try and make it grow or partner with someone you hope can help it grow. Overall, most people dropping money onto sites are looking to make money back, so being a failing project or something that doesn't offer much return on investment is not going to get a great buyer most of the time.

Agreed with Uncrowned. Also don’t believe in registrar’s appraisals as they are often appraised way more than what they’re worth.

It’s a case of demand and supply, and what it’s worth to the buyer.

I bought a domain a few weeks ago that was appraised over 1250 USD by Godaddy. Offered 250 for it and they tried to bump up the price. They even said similar domains went for 9k USD. But I stood vast and eventually got it for my price.

I looked at a few sites for the value of the domain I no longer want, and it's worth under $100. The forum didn't do as well as I had hoped so I can't get anything for that. Maybe it's best just to let it all go? Or sell it for $50 and let someone else try to make a profit by selling it for $100?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds