Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Benefits of an Advertisement section

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
This is presuming that the said board isn't focused on advertising or services, or even graphics of any kind. I'm talking about general discussion forums.

I recently was thinking that quite a few boards of that caliber very much had an advertising section when the forums didn't focus on that and if it reaped any real benefits. Yes, you have a topic, and yes, often times you bumped it, but a lot of people are going to use the same tactic, causing your forum thread about your forum to go down the pages.

I mean, I kinda get something like roleplaying forums with a section like that but only advertising roleplaying forums because roleplaying forums are a niche, I think, and I feel like it takes a long time to draw an active crowd of roleplayers, especially since most roleplaying forums tend to stick to paragraph roleplaying instead of "Bob threw a stick at Mary" kind of roleplaying.

You would have a lot more luck drawing in a crowd posting and actively discussing things on forums with even only a colorful affiliate graphic as a signature, because advertisement threads tend to be a lot of text, because tl;dr, people nowadays want to get things quickly - people tend to see a person with a graphic first vs someone with a signature like me, which only has a plain text.

I feel like this also applies to advertisement/services forums as well, but lesser so since you're generally on that forum also to find other forums that you like, and it doesn't feel as much as a waste of time because admins of that kind of forum tends to organize the advertisement threads depending on what genre your forum is.

Thoughts?

For me, forums are platforms where we can discuss serious issues without revealing our true identities. If you want to have fun there are social sites, if you want to post graphics, you can post on Instagram, if you want to post videos, you can do it on TikTok. But on forums lets discuss important issues.

For me, forums are platforms where we can discuss serious issues without revealing our true identities. If you want to have fun there are social sites, if you want to post graphics, you can post on Instagram, if you want to post videos, you can do it on TikTok. But on forums lets discuss important issues.
That's correct, you could allow pictures or videos to be posted mainly because of emphasis and sharing that is targeted at further explanation of the topic at hand.

Forums have a peculiar purpose and notwithstanding the niche you choose people should be able to interact meaningfully and gain a thing or two by joining a forum that discusses issues that Interests them.

Advertisement sections could be beneficial to a forum if utilized properly in my opinion.

In my opinion, forums should not be compared with social media platforms, and forum owners should also never try to compete with social media, both of these sites have different purposes and different audiences.

This is presuming that the said board isn't focused on advertising or services, or even graphics of any kind. I'm talking about general discussion forums.

I recently was thinking that quite a few boards of that caliber very much had an advertising section when the forums didn't focus on that and if it reaped any real benefits. Yes, you have a topic, and yes, often times you bumped it, but a lot of people are going to use the same tactic, causing your forum thread about your forum to go down the pages.

I mean, I kinda get something like roleplaying forums with a section like that but only advertising roleplaying forums because roleplaying forums are a niche, I think, and I feel like it takes a long time to draw an active crowd of roleplayers, especially since most roleplaying forums tend to stick to paragraph roleplaying instead of "Bob threw a stick at Mary" kind of roleplaying.

You would have a lot more luck drawing in a crowd posting and actively discussing things on forums with even only a colorful affiliate graphic as a signature, because advertisement threads tend to be a lot of text, because tl;dr, people nowadays want to get things quickly - people tend to see a person with a graphic first vs someone with a signature like me, which only has a plain text.

I feel like this also applies to advertisement/services forums as well, but lesser so since you're generally on that forum also to find other forums that you like, and it doesn't feel as much as a waste of time because admins of that kind of forum tends to organize the advertisement threads depending on what genre your forum is.

Thoughts?
I think advertisements are one of the most popular and easiest ways to monetize a forum. With that being said, it is best to generate a lot of traffic on the forum to gain income online

Socal media platforms is different from forums, I think one of the best site for advitising your product is the social media platforms, like Facebook and Instagram.

When I had my general discussion forum I had a site promotion section within the forum where regular members could share their sites or their forums and say a little bit about their project. It wasn't too invasive and it allowed my regular members to share what they had created and I found it worked well for me. I guess it depends on the kind of community you have and if it would work with the current community and not be abused in any way. Sometimes a section on a forum like that can either work or it doesn't, it's taking that risk.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest